Find
Notify
Tools

Born Free Double????
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted
So I watched Born Free tonight. Anyone know the story behind the George Adamson character's double? It's a boxlock and the bores looked .458-.475. I always enjoy hearing the stories behind these "movie guns".

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Great question Brett.
I watched that movie in our small town theator when it came out. I was proably about six give or take.
The funny thing is shortly before I saw the movie I was asking my father about a double barrled shotgun. For some reason I asked him about a double barrel rifle and his responce was that no one made one.
I remember to this day seeing that double rifle and at that young age I recconized that it was a rifle and indeed a double. That was the first double rifle I ever saw.
I'll be curious to see if someone has the answer. I think Surly someone will soon.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I would have guessed that it was a 450NE with its slender barrels and rounds. The rounds for the bolt Rifle looks like 9.3 or 330?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote