THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Need to Stock Up on .470 NE Hornady DGX?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need to Stock Up on .470 NE Hornady DGX?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In the middle of a fairly large auction of ammo tomorrow there's this lot, might end up being the cheapest dozen boxes you'll see for a while.

Lots of ammo in the auction but this one is an outlier, lots of more quotidian stuff.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9557 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brought $250, just over $1 a round. I hope somebody here got them.

Posts: 9557 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
quotidian

I'll be honest, I had to look it up.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duckear:
quote:
quotidian

I'll be honest, I had to look it up.

It's such a useful word Wink

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
quotidian

That was a steal. I'll have to keep an eye out for those kinds of deals.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
quote:
quotidian

That was a steal. I'll have to keep an eye out for those kinds of deals.

There were lots of cases that went for $250, and several lots that didn't draw a bid, but probably not a better buy than factory .470 for $1/round.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
How often do they do these ammo auctions?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
How often do they do these ammo auctions?

First ammo-only auction I've seen lately. Quite a few auction houses have a few lots of guns or ammo mixed in with other merchandise, sometimes I'll post a blurb about them in various forums here, usually it gets largely ignored. Mostly I no longer bother, this one looked like it might end up being a bargain, and it was, for somebody. I've asked for an auction forum but I don't see it happening. Best thing to do is register at a few of the auction aggregators (invaluable.com, auctionzip.com, liveauctioneers.com, etc) and sign up for email alerts on items you are interested in.