THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    People of the DRSS, My visit with AKshooter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People of the DRSS, My visit with AKshooter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
When Akshooter learned about my Alaskan Grizz hunt he invited me to visit him while I was in AK.
After my hunt I stayed with him for about a week.
We had a great time, We went to his cabin, that he built himself, next to a cabin his parents have had for several years. This is a remote cabin that you cannot drive to.

He did an excellent job.

I got to handle his guns and shoot a couple of them, more on that in later posts.

Two of his buddies flew in from Florida.
They also had double rifles, and were pleased to learn they were already members of the DRSS.

I promptly collected their DRSS back dews to place them in good standing. Big Grin

In short I had a great time, and once again through AR [Thanks Saeed] I have met some fine people.

Hopefully Akshooter will come down to Texas for the DSC and go with us to our shoot/hunt.

Thanks again Akshooter for a great time.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds great!

Only one thing, 450, you told us them Alaskans twern't worth a bear's lick.....

Now if Akshooter could wrastle a hog or two..that'd be good stuff!

Seriously, thank you T for being the rep for the DRSS. You, DA, MAN!

Akshooter, get on down here. And if you don't watch out, you might have the DRSS camping out in your back yard.

Oh, yeah. The guys from Norway want to know if you have reindeer up thar.....

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim
Believe me Akshooter would have no trouble with Texas pigs.
He had a very impressive amount of trophies on his wall. several brown bears, a dozen or so of black bears, many deer and caribou as well as several heads of European game, he has hunted 6 European countries.

Actually all of the Alaskans I met were nice folks, including several Natives I met in Nome.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
N.E.450#2

Thanks for the kind words. The check is in the mail. Thanks for not mentioning how terribly off face the .338 is.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote