THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    460 Cast Lead Bullets in my .500 Nitro Express
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

460 Cast Lead Bullets in my .500 Nitro Express
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys,
All this talk about reloading for the .500 NE got me motivated. I have a number of Huntginton 460-grain lead, gas check bullets for my .500 NE. I have been shooting their 550-grain bullets, but wanted to check out the lighter bullets. Do any of you have any experience with the Huntington .512 diameter, 460-grain lead bullets in the .500 NE? Thanks for the help.

Posts: 55 | Location: West Point, NY | Registered: 16 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not shot that bullet but have shot lots of cast bullets in my doubles. I shoot 350 gr and 450 gr in my 500s. Really like the 350s as they have no recoil and regulate perfectly. I normally use around 70 to 75 grains of Varget or RL-15 for my cast loads. 5744 is also a good powder for light loads. It works really good and needs no filler of any type.

Posts: 2837 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote