THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    The DRSS has its OWN WEBSITE!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The DRSS has its OWN WEBSITE!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted
Gentlepeople of the DRSS and other interested parties:

I just wanted to let everyone know that the Double Rifle Shooters Society (DRSS) has it's own website! It is in its infant stages, but I wanted to let DRSS members know that it is out there!

Here is the link:

http://www.DoubleRifleShootersSociety.com

Over the past few weeks, I have started putting together a DRSS website to promote our little group and promote the use and appreciation of the double rifle in the shooting and hunting sports.

As such, I am trying to put together a couple of things:

First, individual pages highlighting member's double rifles. I have posted two pages for my dad's and my .470 and .577, but would like to have other DRSS members post photos and descriptions of their rifles. So if you are interested in having your rifle's photo's posted on the net to share with other folks interested in DRs, please send me a short description on the rifle and some photos of your rifle. Please send it to: DoubleRifleShootersSociety@gmail.com

Second, I want to compile a list of loads that people are shooting in their double rifles that can be shared with others. It will be a one stop location for people needing some information on finding loads that shoot well in a given rifle.

So if you want to share your DR load, please send me the following and I will compile a spreadsheet with the information and post it on the DRSS website:

Caliber of DR:
Make of DR:
Barrel LengthL
Bullet Weight and Soft or solid:
Bullet Maker:
Powder Used:
Case Used:
Primer Used:
Filler (if any) Used:
Average velocity of Said Load (if known):
Regulation you are Achieving:

Third: Any feedback on the website. Remember, I am NOT a website developer - I am learning as I go, so please be kind. As I educate myself over time, I will enhance it, but for now I am more interested in content over format.

So, please be kind!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Don In Colorado
posted Hide Post
Very nice idea and an excellent website. Thanks for putting this together.

By the way, I still marvel at the incredible grain in the stock of your 577.....

Best of all he loved the Fall....

E. Hemingway

Posts: 198 | Location: Brighton, Michigan | Registered: 22 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
excellent

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey 577 NE:

Great Job on the new DRSS website, It looks really good. I will be sending you pics of my Chapuis 470 NE and the reloading info. My pics are on my other computer at the lakehouse so it will be a bit of a wait.

I was hoping to see another DRSS shoot in the East sometime. I would love to blast a few pigs with the double rifle.

Keep up the good work, your 577 still looks great and your dad's Searcy is outstanding!!

I didn't see anyway to join the DRSS website itself as a member? Did I miss it some where? Or is just being a memeber on AR going to be the entry?

Regards... PAHunter

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PAHunter;

See the following:

http://www.doublerifleshooters...mingadrssmember.html

It outlines it pretty clearly - no fee or costs to join the DRSS. Just say you want to be in, and there you go! You are a member!

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Once again Paul, wonderful job!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of flylo
posted Hide Post
What a great website,Count me in, Thanks! Big Grin

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 707 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: 20 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done!!!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Add my voice to the others here..

Well Done!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn fine job! And here I thought you were just another pretty face.....

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Very nice work Paul. I'm dedicated bolt gun trash but I do appreciate the enthusiasm of the DRSS.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And here I thought you were just another pretty face.....

Jimmy, you need glasses...BIG TIME!

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice job! Amazing what a little initiative can accomplish.
Thanks
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice website....I think you are off to a great start.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Paul;

Great count me in.

Regards.. Jim P.

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
quote:
And here I thought you were just another pretty face.....

Jimmy, you need glasses...BIG TIME!

It is all relative. Condisdering the mugs of the other DRSS members...."In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Paul -- You suck. I tell myself I'll never get to Africa if I don't stop buying guns and you, you bastage, start a DR web site. I even sold my .470 NE and now I'm thinking "well, a little Chapuis 9.3 x 74 couldn't be that expensive, could it?"

Cool site -- sell some hats and shirts and maybe I can pretend...and avoid another rifle purchase...maybe...

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this organization has any class. I think they just asked ME to join.

Can I just call myself a member; is it that simple?

Shouldn't we register somewhere?

By the way, hope to get in on some of the DRSS hunts. Nothing more fun than chasing hogs through the brush with a double.

Posts: 10376 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can I just call myself a member; is it that simple?

It's just that simple.

quote:
Shouldn't we register somewhere?

Nope.

We are not a money making organization. You want in, you are in. Easy as that.

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much.!!
Excelent site.
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Maybe we should have a roll call, that way we can have a list of members!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote