THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Any Photos of current production Searcy Field Grade DRs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Photos of current production Searcy Field Grade DRs?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Yesterday, I sent in the order form, fit info and deposit for a Left hand Field Grade Searcy 450 NE 3 1/4. I haven't been able to find any photos of current field grade rifles. The website has a photo of the discontinued PH. I was interested in having something to ogle while awaiting the arrival of my "baby".

Use a double rifle. It just feels better.

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 190 | Location: Somewhere, I think. | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The prize for the first one goes to Roscoe. Hopefully, more will come in that show close-up details.

Thank you, Roscoe

Posts: 190 | Location: Somewhere, I think. | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never noticed that screw above the triggers going through the stock on other Searcy models. It is not present on the photos that Roscoe posted either.

Can anyone comment as to why it is there? Recent design change? Is it just on the Field Grade models?

Seems to me it is some type of stock reinforcement but I'll be the first to admit to a lack of knowledge on these beautiful rifles.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe,

I wondered about that too. It doesn't appear on any of the other boxlock actions on the Searcy website. It does look like some sort of stock reinforcement though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just in today from Butch Searcy. A new one he recently completed.