New
Find
Notify
Tools

Express Sight?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have never liked the sights on my Pedersoli Kodiak.
I have been working on an express sight to replace the original sights.
I’m looking for some advise on how to finish it and how make the “Vâ€.
How wide and how deep is the best?
The front sight have 2.5mm (3/32â€).

I have never liked the sights on my Pedersoli Kodiak.
I have been working on an express sight to replace the original sights.
I’m looking for some advise on how to finish it and how make the “Vâ€.
How wide and how deep is the best?
The front sight have 2.5mm (3/32â€).

Any advise would help.
Thanks
Martin

Any advise would help.
Thanks
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the double post. I can not edit it.
Martin

My doubles:
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 'v' on the rear sight should be as wide as the site, and the depth of the rear site 'v' should allow the top of the front bead not to be above the high end corners of the rear site.
Someone hear on the forum will probably post a picture for you which will visualize for you far better what it should look like than what I just wrote. File work is done at the range, as you shoot you'll know how much to file.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dirklawyer,
Many thanks for your answer.
I will do a search for some pictures.
Martin

My doubles:
.58" ML by Pedersoli

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Take corners off and to make sense file from the muzzle end to the sight.. so the beveled end will not reflect light back to you... You may also cut a narrow vertical groove in center of V vertex to the bottom of the sight... Fill with white or gold and you can dot the i for aiming purposes...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Several years ago I found some files that match the V of a double rifles rear sight or most English rifles..I bought two of them and I care for them. I have never seen or been able to find them since!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
When Tip Burns and I filed the standing leaf on my 404 Jeffery, Tip taught me to use a small triangular file and file toward the muzzle. The edge of the V will remain sharp and crisp.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank for your advises.
I finish it and it works fine.
I found a file with thw right angle.

Thanks
Martin

My doubles:
.58" ML by Pedersoli