THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Federal 500 NE Factory loads
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Federal 500 NE Factory loads
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi guys,

Need some help on this ammo, and particular the Cape shock loaded with the Woodleigh 570grn HYdros.
The rated velocity is 2100, being significantly faster than hornady factory DGS loads.

Can anyone tell me the load for this particular factory round. Reason being is that my Westley Richards has been regulated with it and I need to get some loads going in anticipation of an upcoming Ele hunt.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not think Federal, unlike Hornady, let's their data out.

However, Woodleigh has released a reloading manual. 500 ne hydro loads should be in there. I know folks on here have the manual.

Posts: 11457 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Hi Mate, I'll check what we loaded Glen McGraths 500 as I'm quite certain we got it up around 2100 with woodleighs which should be quite similar

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shoot Hornady on the range. I hunt with the Federal Premium loads. In my 500 NE, they shoot about the same. Others may not shoot the same. I have never seen the Federal data.

You might try Safari Arms in New York. They custom load and at times, replicate factory ammo.

Posts: 12026 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
What Larry said about Safari Arms (John LaSala). tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone need Corbon or Barnes TSX softs and solids? I bought a bunch while intoxicated and I'm not sure why.

Posts: 956 | Location: PNW | Registered: 27 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RyanB:
Anyone need Corbon or Barnes TSX softs and solids? I bought a bunch while intoxicated and I'm not sure why.

Please pm me a price and contact info on the Barnes.

Posts: 11457 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At work now I'll count it and message you when I get home.

Posts: 956 | Location: PNW | Registered: 27 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent regarding the Corbon

Posts: 119 | Location: Redmond, WA | Registered: 06 May 2010Reply With Quote