New
Find
Notify
Tools

450-400, 3" cases`
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Who makes the best cases for the 450-400, 3"?

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Leonard,
Try Huntingtons
They carry HDS cases, which are good cases.
I'm checking on Horneber to see about cases. They list 450/400 3 inch, but Huntington's doesn't carry them.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is anyone ordering large quantities of that brass direct? You know I would buy 500 of each of the 375 FM and 450-400-3". I am thinking about making another order from GS Custom for bullets. I think 500 should be about right. I could order more if the folks think there is a need. What do you think?

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i know i'll be needing some before too long.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm working on it!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who is making the new HDS cases for Huntingtons? They showed recently for a good price. Bob

Posts: 1283 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Guys, please contact me. I have placed an order for 1,000 rounds of brass. You can have it for what I paid plus shipping.
rkmojo@aol.com

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
you are one heck of a nice guy.

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree. Very generous man, Rusty is.

SCI, NRA Life Member

Warm trails and blue skies!

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Folks,
After talking with a couple of people, I have decided not to order the 450/400 3 inch brass.
The main concern I have is quality control. I do not feel right ordering something and then passing it along if it isn't as advertised.

I have decided to wait for Hornady to produce brass and bullets as a part of Ruger's 450/400 3 inch in their #1.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty, I have been in contact with Horneber about the availability of 450-400-3" brass. It is available and can be ordered direct or by Huntingtons if they will. I will contact Huntingtons to see if they would accept a large special order. If not then I will order 500 cases for myself and would consider making the order much larger should others want in on the deal. Would there be enough intrest by other forum members to get a really large order made or will it be better to wait and see if Hornady will actually make the stuff any time soon?

square shooter

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Leonard,
You know that Buffalo Arms is sitting on approximately 1,500 BeLL cases? I just ordered another 100.
Buffalo Arms

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just ordered my 100 from Buffalo. Thanks for the head up, Rusty and Lee. Lee, when is your double due to arrive? Bob

Posts: 1283 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I talked to George@Champlins and they were shipping it out yesterday, I should have it by friday! Looks like a good weekend to go to the range!!! I will post tommorow if I get it, if anyone is up for some range time, we can set something up. Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm tentatively going out to Bayou Rifles on Sunday with a few friends and you're welcome to join us. Why doncha PM me and we can get phone #'s and times. Bob

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Lee,
We are always ready to head to the range.

Bob,
what time y'all going?

281-773-7987

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll give you a buzz, but probably early afternoon. My friend Alan needs to shoot his newish 375 bolt gun for pre-Africa practice. I'll be eager to see Lee's new double. Bob