Find
Notify
Tools

Bad Boy Ball and Shot Gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.gunsinternational.c...cfm?gun_id=100777302

Anyone ever owned one? I may be forced into useing a shotgun on a property I am going to hunt next year. In my quest for the poor mans double rifle this may work. I am pretty sure the barrels are redulated by Ken Owen. Turkish frame, ejectors, recnagel sights.

Posts: 1280 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Coilin are you going to be hunting in Ohio or Illionios next year?

I will let others with more knowledge comment on quality. I do not know the maker, but looks good. 550 grains at 1450 sounds like a paradox gun to me. I would want one too.

Posts: 12256 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been given permission to hunt a small property, with the caveat no centerfire rifle be used. I don't have a lot of high hopes for anything big but I'm going to try to at least take a doe or two. These guns are intriguing, but they are built on shotgun actions and are pretty light. It's a cool concept.

Posts: 1280 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That makes sense. Good hunting. Shotgun action alone would not scare me as Butch Searcy's first doubles were on browning actions. Yes, he saw a need for his own action. But those browning Seracy's are going strong.

In March send me a heads up and come down and shoot my Heym.

Posts: 12256 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You got it on the march deal, I'd love to do that. I'll bring my .375 whitworth Mauser.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd want to see an actual 75 yard test target..three slugs each barrel...for the actual gun I was buying before parting with my money. I don't see what it offers than an ex-police Remington 870 or Ithaca 37 doesn't at a fraction of the cost. And an old Marlin Goose Gun costs probably next to nothing. Seems overpriced by $2,000 IMHO for what it offers if you just want "slug gun" to hunt with using slug only.

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
March it is; just give me 4 days notice. Bring your wife. The ammo is on me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enfieldspares:
I'd want to see an actual 75 yard test target..three slugs each barrel...for the actual gun I was buying before parting with my money. I don't see what it offers than an ex-police Remington 870 or Ithaca 37 doesn't at a fraction of the cost. And an old Marlin Goose Gun costs probably next to nothing. Seems overpriced by $2,000 IMHO for what it offers if you just want "slug gun" to hunt with using slug only.

I'd like to own a double rifle, but I haven't quite gotten their financially. This seems like it might tide me over until I acquire one.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I think that it is a good option for exactly the situation you are looking at.
I can tell you that if Ken Owen regulated them, they will shoot.
Some smooth bores are very surprising at their ability to group inside 100yds which realistically is the range all ball and shot guns are intended for.
Ask for a target and see if they can provide one. I bet Ken has some info on them too.
Good looking gun only let down by the machine engraving (they say hand engraving but I wonder...) but of course no engraving ever made a gun shoot any better...

Posts: 3322 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those guns have tempted me since I saw one a couple of years ago. So far, I've been able to resist.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only reason I have to believe these were regulated by Ken Owen is because he works on all of the double rifles they have for sale.

I'm surprised nobody has one. I've called, they are out of phone contact until the 28th. The owner, Russ, sounds South African.

They have a lot of affordable guns, including several Jeffrey doubles. They have also been refinished (by Ken Owen?). Their pictures on guns international are always on dark backgrounds, which is tough on internet buyers due to well, the background being dark.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . sort of a poor man's paradox, I like the idea. Wish there was someone on here that could vouch for their workmanship, regulation, etc.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote