THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Selby Article on last Raurk Safari
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selby Article on last Raurk Safari
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
I ran across this article. Thought y'all might enjoy it.
Kwaheri Safari

The only historical double I would care to own. . .The one with the inscription, "Mark R. Selby From Uncle Bob Ruark."

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting! Very enjoyable. I agree with you on the 450 / 400.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great article, thanks. Pretty cool knowing some cousins to the Bell Jeffery! Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Nice article. The stories those rifles could tell if they could speak.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rusty.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Note the profile of both the barrel and the stock on that wonderful 416. That could be reproduced in an afforable, CRF factory rifle for today but no one does it.

Hope you find the conclusion of the article Rusty, thx!

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Showbart:
Note the profile of both the barrel and the stock on that wonderful 416. That could be reproduced in an afforable, CRF factory rifle for today but no one does it.

Hope you find the conclusion of the article Rusty, thx!

Affordable is the magic word. Plenty of people making them.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here 'tis:
Kwaheri Safari Part 2

Cheers,
Doug

Posts: 337 | Location: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Rusty;

I started reading Robert Ruark in the midfiftys; his writing started me on a lifetime of hunting and shooting. I have all of his books. THANK YOU again! Jack

Posts: 32 | Location: Iowa USA | Registered: 20 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cannoneer, I too started reading Ruark in the 50s - his regular column in our paper in Brooklyn.
I started out at about 8 with two single shot 22s which I still use ! So I undestand Selby's feelings. The "shoot straight " is good advice ! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks for finding and post the second part! Great reading!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
very interesting read.