THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Possible favor to ask of any California DR/big bore shooters...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible favor to ask of any California DR/big bore shooters...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted
I would love to be able to give a very good friend of mine the chance to shoot a big bore DR. We're on opposite sides of the country and it just isn't feasible to get him over my way.

I haven't mentioned this to him as I wanted to shake the tree first. He is one of America's very best and I promise this is something that you & he will both immensely enjoy. From my end I will gladly reimburse the cost of all ammo and incidentals. He lives in the Coronado area and has his own transportation. He is active duty military and there is zero concern re firearm safety, or character.

Please PM me and thanks in advance guys.
Bill

One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted Hide Post
Will bump this up again. I had an extremely nice offer, but looks like it would be a 9 hr drive each way for him to NorCal. I need to ask him about that, but hoping to find something closer to San Diego. He is a SEAL and lost 3 buddies last week on that crash. I'd like to do something for him.
Any upcoming DRSS shoots out that way?

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Well if he's going to balk at a measley 9 hour drive then inviting him to one of our 'shoots' must be out of the question then?

But if he should happen to pass thru here....

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike,
He's home w/ paternity leave but I don't know how that works. I'm sure he has to be accountable for his whereabouts to some degree even if off.
If I'm not mistaken his brother flies a helicopter up in AK. I'm sure he could speed the trip up!

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vagrouser:
Hey Mike,
He's home w/ paternity leave but I don't know how that works.

Well,,,, I'm going to leave that one alone! Too easy! Big Grin Big Grin

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact Butch Searcy.
He's down there.

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Contact Butch Searcy.
He's down there.

That's a good idea. I'm up in Vegas - about 6 hours from San Diego. If he gets up this way Use Enough Gun and I would certainly take him out for some double rifle punishment.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted Hide Post
Guys all great tips and I sincerely appreciate the posts and PMs. Hopefully can get something arranged.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
If you ever get to Texas. . .

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Searcy. I'd bet Butch would do him proud and I wouldn't think it would cost him anything but the transportation to Boron.

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Live about 90 Miles N/O San Diego, Have a 500 NE and several other Big Bores. Have shooting range 15 Minutes from house. PM sent

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote