THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Is Problematic to Try and Trade a 2006 Harley for DR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Problematic to Try and Trade a 2006 Harley for DR
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have always wanted a DR, and my interests in motorcycling are giving way to more hunting and shooting activities.
I think most DR folks are somewhat conservative, and also have notced they are often "horse traders or wheeler-Dealer type folks" so am not sure whether DR folks would be the kind that might be interested in a Harley.
Any thoughts.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sell the Harley on Craigslist and if you get enough money out of it order a double built for yourself.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
bob

that would truly depend on make and model Smiler

best

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Many of us love motorcycles.

I had to give up riding and switch to shooting lefty.

Someone here will be interested in a well cared for Hog--

but might not be willing to give up their DR for it Wink Big Grin

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have thought about trying to trade a 65 stang conv for a double also but never have gotten around to it. But I would second selling what you have then finding the double you want. I think with cash you could get a better deal, cash is king.

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

Posts: 598 | Location: Texas/CA | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
As a biker myself, I agree with those who have said it is better to sell it outright and buy what you want than to try to find someone who wants it and has what you want in trade.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"A Harley" covers a lot of ground. Sporty 883, FatBoy, Ultra Glide, Trike...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily. I might be interested in the bike depending on what it is, and I probably have a rifle of two more than I really need (Did I really type that out loud???)

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1582 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't believe you actually said that!

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So email me picture of Stang. 289 engine etc.
And what is the details of the Harley. I've traded for two corvetts and a 06 FX-35 Harley.
searcy@ccis.com 760-762-6131

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
I can't believe you actually said that!

Rich
DRSS

Nor can I.

You can never have enough firearms. no if's, but's or maybe's Big Grin

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Even though it's a Harley, it will depreciate, a nice double bought at a fair price will not depreciate and there are some great deals to be had in these economic times. I think it's a good move. I've had some vintage Harley's a 1956 pan head and a fifty-five Harley I wish I'd never sold in the past.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch Searcy:
So email me picture of Stang. 289 engine etc.
And what is the details of the Harley. I've traded for two corvetts and a 06 FX-35 Harley.
searcy@ccis.com 760-762-6131

Hey Bob,

Mr. Opportunity is knocking! Smiler

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would take this in trade for my Westley Richards or my Purdey rifle...

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That seat is going to need more padding than that vinyl-covered piece of plywood...

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Harley is a 2006 Dyna Wide Glide with 6700 miles, new tires, security system, lots of extra chrome. Never been driven in rain.
All in all, an immaculate bike.
Pictures are available on request.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bob,

Please run an ad in our Classifieds.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a.tinkerer:
I would take this in trade for my Westley Richards or my Purdey rifle...

Cheers
Tinker

I'm guessing not many here would know much if anything of that bike, or (the late) John Britten who designed and built it.
Awesome machine!
I've had the pleasure of seeing in the flesh, one of the few of these bikes that were built.
That was at Pukekohe New Zealand 2002, at the 100 Years of Triumph Celebration, with Jason McEwan on board.

Yes, I'd swap one of my doubles for one of those bikes anyday!

Posts: 232 | Location: Queensland Australia | Registered: 04 March 2010Reply With Quote