THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Just in Case Somebody's Interested
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just in Case Somebody's Interested
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know this won't interest most folks here, but it might be just what somebody is looking for.

Winchester Jaeger Aero Marine 7X57

Cabela's has a mate to it for $3999. I don't know what it will bring and have no connection to the gun or auctioneer.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10563 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
I know this won't interest most folks here, but it might be just what somebody is looking for.

Winchester Jaeger Aero Marine 7X57

Cabela's has a mate to it for $3999. I don't know what it will bring and have no connection to the gun or auctioneer.

I have one of these rifles and mine is not regulated at all, and that is the case with most of these rifles. The kicker may be that Jaeger may have regulated the specials with their name on it but I doubt it!

They are beautiful little rifles but in most cases they are pretty cloths over dirty underwear! I'd be Leary of this one, unless they will guarantee it's regulation.

...............................................................Buyer beware!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the swing mount was put on backwards as well.

Posts: 1319 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like the swing mount was put on backwards as well.
That´s correct, APEL rear part to front.

Posts: 410 | Location: Finland | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Right, the EAW is mounted the wrong way. With scoped mounted, it should look funny tu2 I've an EAW on my Sauer 202 where the locking base (lever) is correctly positioned on the rear :

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I love those 202s...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the mounts were just slid on for the pictures, they are in two different positions in different pictures.

I merely ran across a rifle that might interest somebody here and Posted it, I won't bother next time.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10563 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like the mounts were just slid on for the pictures, they are in two different positions in different pictures.

I merely ran across a rifle that might interest somebody here and Posted it, I won't bother next time.

Apparently the old adage that "no good deed goes unpunished" is in effect here. Thanks for posting it, I was unaware these rifles existed.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jet, there was nothing wrong with your posting of this as someone may very well be interested!

The warnings,however, had nothing to do with you personally.
They were to protect those who may be interested, but who are not aware of the pitfalls of this particular brand of double rifle.

I think anyone who knows these pitfalls and does not warn the members here would not be acting in a responsible manner.

....................................................................... coffee

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote