New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady vs Jamison brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking at getting some 450 NE brass. Is anyone able to give thoughts and feedback on how the Hornady and Jamison offerings hold up after a few reloads.

Thanks

Rhodes
DRSS

Posts: 193 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I have used both and have no issues with either one.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
I currently reload both for my 450 NE.Using moderate loads for both of them I am currently on my 9th reloading for my Jamison and they are still going strong. I did anneal them starting on the 5th reloading and then every 3rd reloading after that. The hornady brass seems to be a bit harder. Some of the pieces did not make it to the 5th reloading before the necks split. However, they are on their 7th reloads but the primer pockets are starting to loosen up. They are both decent brass though.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1090 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'm going with Hornady as that is what my supplier can get easily.

Canadian, did annealing help with the neck splitting on your batch of Hornady cases?

Rhodes
DRSS

Posts: 193 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rhodes:

Canadian, did annealing help with the neck splitting on your batch of Hornady cases?

Rhodes
DRSS

It did, I just wish I had done on the 3rd or 4th reloading instead of waiting as long as I did.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1090 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rhodes:

Looks like I'm going with Hornady as that is what my supplier can get easily.

Rhodes
DRSS

If you want Jamison brass, you can purchase it direct from the maker at Captech International.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote