THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Source for 15 gram Norma Vulcan bullets plus recommended powders
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for 15 gram Norma Vulcan bullets plus recommended powders
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought a Merkel 141E. It was regulated with 15 gram (232 grain)Norma Vulcans and it shoots them so well all I had to do was adjust the scope. I tried 286 grainers but the impacts are 16" apart. I think I'll stick to the Vulcans. Now I need a source for the bullets. I have all Norma brass and I'll chronograph my last few factory rounds for a benchmark. Can anyone recommend a source for a few hundred bullets? I'd like to hear powder charge recommendations as well.

My apologies doublegun subscribers, as I posted the same discussion there also.

Thanks to all.

Allan

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention that it is a 9.3X74R. Sorry!

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Norma 9.3x74R reloading recomends their 201,202,203B,URP (from fastest to slowest) - according to Vihtavuori burn chart (worked for me so far) compares to Reloader 10x, 15 or BL(C)-2, H335, H380, H4350...I'd pick IMR 4895 or 4064, H4895 or Reloader 12 starting with 58gr...my2c.

Posts: 2031 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
midway shows them as a back order OK item, which used to mean that in a couple weeks they were getting them in. don't know what it means today

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote