Find
Notify
Tools

New Krieghoff Owner!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this board and have learned alot over the past few weeks reading all your posts regarding double rifles. I purchased a real nice, like new Classic 9.3x74r. And though I've not shot it yet, I absolutely love it and all that I've read about it on this board and others. I don't have a problem at all with the "kick spanner" thingy. I like the fit and finish of the gun very much. It's obvious why the gun cost so much. The quality is apparent in every aspect of the gun and how it operates. However, I do have a couple of questions that maybe some of you can help me with.

I tried to put a sling on it yesterday but my sling swivels would not fit because the holes are too small on the post. Is there a special size of sling swivel I need to get? if so, where do I get them?

Secondly, I was thinking of puting a quick disconnect scope on it. Where do you get the mounts and quick disconnect rings for this gun? Are they factory installed only? If so, how much does that cost?

I sent Krieghoff an email asking these same questions, but never got a response.

Before I go, I want thank you all for all of the great information I have learned from you all. I think this is a great website. Keep up the postings. This is great.

Take Care,

dblhunter

Posts: 41 | Location: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
You have European swivel studs. Go to New England Custom Gun. I got swivels to fit my Heym from them. They have or had both 1" and another width. As far as mounts go to kilic@kilic-feintechnik.de and give them all the information on your gun and they can probably furnish mounts. I am getting mounts from them for my Merkel. If it is a new gun the rib probably is cut for their mounts.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have the mounts done by Krieghoff USA in Ottsville, PA. They do it right and their service is excellent. Call 'em on the phone, much more effective these days than smoke signals (e-mails). I haven't talked to them in a long time, but I presume Norbert is still the guy to talk to.
------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dblhunter!

Congratulations on a fine rifle! I have a Classic with Big Five stock in 8x57IRS caliber. It is at the gunsmith for mounting a scope right now. An S&B 1,25-4 is mounted in a EAW/Apel swingmount.

You have several options for Quick Detachable mounts: Krieghoffs factory mounts (which I belive is made by Recknagel! Correct me if I´m wrong!!), Recknagel, EAW/Apel and Kilic Feintechnic are all of very high quality.

I choose rings instead of bridgemounts. May not be quite as strong as a bridgemount but sure looks better on the rifle. A bridgemount looks "heavier" than the rings IMHO! I´ll post pics when I get it home.

Good luck with your new double and don´t forget to post pics!!

Regards

Jim

PROUD MEMBER OF DRSS!!

Posts: 95 | Location: Sweden, Europe | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Welcome to the Double Rifle Shooters Society, DRSS

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your gun should have a section of the rear portion of the rib that is removable. I had my gunsmith get thick gunsmith stock Weaver long base material. He fitted it to the space drilled it and two screws later it was compatible with Leupold QRW rings. Total cost was less than $100.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LJS, THANKS FOR THE INFO!!

how does yours shoot with this set up? what brand QD rings do you use? I saw one like this on GunsAmerica and contacted the seller. He sells them for $225. I found some Leopold QD rings for Weaver style bases for about $40.00. I have a great Leopold 1.5x5 to put on the gun but was wondering if this was a good set up or not. I checked with Krieghoff. They said they would charge me $1,850.00 to put a base on my gun for scope rings. That's almost half of what I paid for the gun. I'll either do it your way with the weaver mounts and QD rings, or I'll hunt with open sights before I go their cost.

Thanks for your time.

Posts: 41 | Location: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dblhunter!

Eeker That was pricey!!!
Is your rifle prepared for a swingmount? I.E Does it have the removeable part on the rib and does it have a base for swingmount?

If doesn´t have the base then it has to be milled and have the base attached and that can cost some money. Here in Norway the you have to add 250USD when you buy a new gun.
My EAW/Apel swingmount is 500USD including for the gunsmith to mount it!
I´ll try to post some pics later today!

Otherwise go with the advice fron LJS!
Works fine and is cheap compared to the price you´ve got from Krieghoff!!

Jim

PROUD MEMBER OF DRSS!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My baby is home!!But I have to correct some info in my former posts!

I have a Recknagel swingmount mounted in the original Krieghoff base for swingmounts.
The aft base in which it locks is an Eramatic H7 from Recknagel as are the rings.

It´s all nice and low and still there is room to reach the toplever even with gloves on.

Here is two pictures but the quality is poor! Had to use my cellphone camera again. Frowner

Jim

PROUD MEMBER OF DRSS!!