THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    ISIDE Safari Side x Side Rifle ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ISIDE Safari Side x Side Rifle ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted
Anyone have any experience with these rifles? I may have a chance to buy one in 9.3 x 74R. I hope that the published weight of 6.5 pounds is incorrect.

http://www.italianfirearmsgrou...ms/iside-safari-sxs/

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have about ten years experience with two FAIR o/u shotguns, one in 20 gauge, the other in 28 gauge. These have served flawlessly in high volume dove shooting in Argentina and Gauteng Province South Africa. FAIR, Fabrica Armi Isodoro Rizzini, is a well established Italian gunmaker. At one time, Verona shotguns, made by FAIR were imported into the USA. As a matter of interest, after several seasons, I had both taken down by a qualified smith. His and my inspection of the parts showed fine craftsmanship. If the price is ri ght, and the gun fits you, go ahead and buy it. I'm sure you'll find the quality is there. One final thought, these are user guns, not safe queens bought for investment

Posts: 80 | Location: Colo Spgs, CO & Sterkrivier, RSA | Registered: 29 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw a combo setup last year at our gunshow, he wanted 7000 Cdn for it, with 20ga and 30R barrels. I haven't heard anything bad at all on FAIR guns in general as to function, this one had some finish issues with the sideplates in my mind. It was really light weight, which with the 30R or the 9.3 will probably get your attention, if you don't pay attention to it. I wasn't impressed with the setup on the front sight, long, angled Truglo pin, works, but it looks weird, to me. The guy that was selling it turned me off as well, asked him about regulation, he said they did it with lasers.
It handled nice, but, as I say, it seemed really light.
There again too, I didn't much like the base Iside shotgun when I saw it, about 3 yrs ago. Seems to me it was 28-2900 Cdn. I ended up buying a pair of Fabarm Classis 12ga. SXS's.

Krieghoff Classic 30R Blaser
Stevens 044-1/2 218 Bee
Ruger #1A 7-08
Rem 700 7-08
Tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmo
Tikka TAC A1 6.5 creedmo
Win 1885 300H&H. 223Rem
Merkel K1 7 Rem mag
CCFR

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote