New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Field Grade Double:
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm announcing to the AR Forum a new rifle that I will be offering for delivery in April 09.
The new rifle model will be called the "Field Grade"and I can take orders now for delivery of the first 10 in April 09.
Stock-
English Walnut

Action-
Anson & Deeley
Double Purdey Bolting
Coin finish
Double Trigger
Non-Automatic Safety
Extractors only
450-400-3" (.411")
450 3 ¼†Nitro Express
470 Nitro Express

Barrels-
Monobloc Construction
Quarter Rib w/one Fixed Rear Sight
Caterpillar Front Sight
26 Inch Barrels

Price: $9,995.00
Deposit: $4,500.00
searcy@ccis.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to get a 500 N.E ?

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This sounds really interesting.

Anybody interested in a custom AHR 458 Lott, beautiful wood, engraved, muzzle break, two mercury tubes in stock. Leupold VXIII 1.5 X 5. Will include 4 boxes of Hornady Factory ammo. 7 rounds down the barrel.

I want a double rifle...

Regards... Jim P.

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
tankhunter, you keep asking about 500s and I keep telling you I have one and you never respond bewildered

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LRH270

Have you sent a PM to the 500 NE seeker?

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For those of you that remember the PH Model then you'll know what the Field Grade will look like minus the engraving. Next week sometime I will have a new page on the web site with picture and complete specifications on the new Field Grade.
No other calibers will be available other than what's listed.

posted Hide Post
This is great news. Will we be able to get talley scope mounts for this model? I sure hope so. I guess I need to sell some bolt guns now.

Posts: 39 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch has more new offerings than any other double maker. It's nice to see an affordable double out there, while prices of European doubles have gone quite high in part due to our weak dollar.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, great idea, a lot of guys are going to be able to own a nice double rifle, great bang for the buck.

Dirk

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500grains:
Butch has more new offerings than any other double maker. It's nice to see an affordable double out there, while prices of European doubles have gone quite high in part due to our weak dollar.

Dan, I disagree with the first part of this statement. As far as FX is concerned the Euro has been experiencing a real growth in strength, and not just at the expense of the weakening dollar but due to other financial factors. Lucky US, we're getting it in both ends. Frowner

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ha! I told you guys so about a month ago..I have friends in low places and a snitch in Butch's shop!!! I have probably just started a full scale invetigation into the employees of Butch's shop, he is pulling out his hair trying to cypher out who the villian is, but I will go to my grave in silence! wave

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41850 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys:

I see Butch has the pricing up on his web site for the field grade but no pictures yet.

Now the $50k question is, if I add a little bit of engraving to the filed grade will it be cheaper than buying a Classic?

Yeah Ray you called this one a while back, you snitch.... LOL

Regards... Jim P.

The Hunters Hut
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
What a great choice of calibers.
A .450NE would be sweet.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PAHunter:
Hi guys:

I see Butch has the pricing up on his web site for the field grade but no pictures yet.

Now the $50k question is, if I add a little bit of engraving to the filed grade will it be cheaper than buying a Classic?

Yeah Ray you called this one a while back, you snitch.... LOL

Regards... Jim P.

Another question is would you like extractors?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I'd vote for both, now that 450 brass is coming from Hornady (Jamison). Ejectors would be nice also.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19313 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys:

Just got an email from Butch.. no upgrades on the new field grade model. CRYBABY

The Hunters Hut
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Hornerber of Germany also make .450NE Cases.
I suspect this will be the next IN caliber for doubles.
This new Searcy rifle will help with that.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine a better caliber than the 450-3.25, it is hard to beat for anything that walks, talks, breaths, swims, or crawls but not very good on flying stuff!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41850 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, I have a 450 NE in the PH model that I picked up last year in Boron. I have put over 150 rounds through it and it is accurate and easy to reload. Looking forward to it felling an elephant in the Caprivi next August with Vaughn Fulton. Butch makes rifles that fit and a pleasure to shoot. I can't say enough about his integrity and quality of what he produces.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch Searcy:
I'm announcing to the AR Forum a new rifle that I will be offering for delivery in April 09.
The new rifle model will be called the "Field Grade"and I can take orders now for delivery of the first 10 in April 09.
Stock-
English Walnut

Action-
Anson & Deeley
Double Purdey Bolting
Coin finish
Double Trigger
Non-Automatic Safety
Extractors only
450-400-3" (.411")
450 3 ¼†Nitro Express
470 Nitro Express

Barrels-
Monobloc Construction
Quarter Rib w/one Fixed Rear Sight
Caterpillar Front Sight
26 Inch Barrels

Price: $9,995.00
Deposit: $4,500.00
searcy@ccis.com

Butch,

How long until Heym offers it's new rifle called the field grade for slightly more than yours?

It took them about a year to come out with a PH model after your PH model came out. Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
By popular demand I will offer ejectors as an option to the Field Grade. I'm just an old softy.

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Butch,
Now drop the name Field Grade and call it the DRSS grade. Give it some class in other words.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch Searcy:
By popular demand I will offer ejectors as an option to the Field Grade. I'm just an old softy.

You will please some African PHs with such a rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, what is the wait on one of these after deposit placed?
Stu

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Searcy:

My apologies if you've already addressed this question and I missed your response.

Would you consider doing a lighter weight version of this rifle in a rimmed caliber like 8x57E, 7x65R, or 7x57R or one of the U.S. calibers like the .30-40 Krag? I'm thinking something that would be a deer/elk rifle and weigh about 7-3/4 to 8 pounds with a Leupold 1.5-5x or similar scope.

Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stuey, I'm still taking orders for the first 10 to be delivered in April 09.
I just had a call from a gentleman that told me he was 67, and here I thought Ray was the only one older than me. Anyhow I will offer Talley scope system on the Field Grade. I do see this as a necessary option for those of us that wear tri-focal's.
Right now the only calibers listed on the web site will be made. The next cartridge that will be added later will be the 9.3X74 R.
http://www.searcyent.com/field_grade1.htm

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Butch,

How much will the scope system and ejector options cost?

Thanks!!

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Opps! Found the ejectors listed on the web link ($2000). Didn't look at the bottom of the page as it still say 'no upgrades' and I thought it hadn't been updated. Didn't see the scope mounts, though.

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Butch

posted Hide Post
I'm curious, dose anyone one offer a double rifle in 7x57r, 7x64r or even 30-40 Krag. That would be perfect for deer where I'm from, for the right price of course.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loren miller:
I'm curious, dose anyone one offer a double rifle in 7x57r, 7x64r or even 30-40 Krag. That would be perfect for deer where I'm from, for the right price of course.

Most European double rifle makers do.

One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Ray,
Butch doesn't have much more hair to pull out! LOL!!!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loren miller:

I have a friend with a Heym 88 in 7 x 57R, very sweet gun, shoots beautifully, it was hard to give it back.
Steve

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much, I will give them a look.