Notify
Tools

Gorilla Ain't No Fool
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
Tufani must have gotten word that Tony was in the neighborhood:

DALLAS — Dallas Zoo officials said a 180-pound gorilla somehow got out of of its locked living quarters but was quickly returned and never was close to escaping the larger gorilla exhibit.

The zoo's investigating how the 19-year-old female named Tufani got out of the 40-foot-by-50-foot enclosure on Saturday and wound up on top of it. The zoo was closed at the time. But spokeswoman Susan Eckert said that even if it were open Tufani would have had to get through several more security measures to even reach an exhibit area — and that visitors would not have been threatened.

In 2004, a 13-year-old gorilla named Jabari cleared a 14-foot wall and mauled three patrons before he was killed by police. After that, the zoo beefed up security measures.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
yuck

Fear of the gorilla-killa...works every time.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Capital punishment IS a deterrent for primates!

Posts: 97 | Location: Texas | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Hey it was a female gorilla,maybe she was waiting for Tony to show up cause she had a little crush on him sofa
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Tufani must have gotten word that Tony was in the neighborhood:

DALLAS — Dallas Zoo officials said a 180-pound gorilla somehow got out of of its locked living quarters but was quickly returned and never was close to escaping the larger gorilla exhibit.

The zoo's investigating how the 19-year-old female named Tufani got out of the 40-foot-by-50-foot enclosure on Saturday and wound up on top of it. The zoo was closed at the time. But spokeswoman Susan Eckert said that even if it were open Tufani would have had to get through several more security measures to even reach an exhibit area — and that visitors would not have been threatened.

In 2004, a 13-year-old gorilla named Jabari cleared a 14-foot wall and mauled three patrons before he was killed by police. After that, the zoo beefed up security measures.

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can say, I did recieve a phone call...

The Gorilla was still contained in a "Zoo only area", and could not have got to a public zone.

The Zoo was still closed because of the heavy snow Dallas recieved the last couple of days...

The Dallas Zoo has a most excellent Dangerous Animal Escape Plan,the best on the Planet IMHO, of which I was a proud part,and had a fair amount of input, and was one of the main trainers before I retired...

I just wish they would let a Tiger out, and call ME....

Not really, the plan is to try to take the escaped animal alive, while allowing no people to get hurt.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nah...Rhino. You still need a rhino. Big Grin

Posts: 437 | Location: WY | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NFMike:
Nah...Rhino. You still need a rhino. Big Grin