THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Chapuis or Searcy 470 ne wanted
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chapuis or Searcy 470 ne wanted
 Login/Join

posted
Looking for a rifle for a professional hunter in Africa 470
Must be reliable, shoot good and handle good
for dangerous game appearance not big issue.
Under 10,000 budget and as new condition hopefuly still under warranty

posted Hide Post
Sorry out there did not mean to post twice.
Though I was posting under classified the second time

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid your friend is SOL as $10K won't find either one of those. For that price, he can find a Merkel.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
If your friend happens to be a lefty, I can sell you a Field Grade Searcy in .470 N.E. in excellent condition for $8500. Butch's warranty is as good as they get, but you have to get the rifle to him in California from Africa if you want it fixed.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7714 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have heard some people say the 45/70 is a good dangerous game round. Eeker

$3600

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
He needs to up his budget about 1K. Then he can chose from either and built to fit him. The Searcy at 10,500 and the Chapuis or Evo arms(Chapuis) at around 10,800.

505ED

I'd take a hard look at Perry's Kreighoff 500/416 great price and neat caliber.

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nonsense, that you can't find a used DR other than Merkel for $9K. I just passed on a used Chapuis for $9K (incl. 52 rnds Capeshok) that sold on Gunbroker for just that. I've got 2 NEW 470 DRs on order both for well under $10K. Neither happens to be a Chapuis but if one were added to the mix it too would be priced well under $10K. Chapuis selling for the $11-12 range is absolute top retail price. Sounds like this fella needs one for this season but if he could wait he can get a new gun on his budget. Merkel ejector guns are due in July, we're told.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info out there
Sorry but a left hand won't work
45/70 won't do either
Do not need the rifle for this season.
Will take with me next June 2008.
Starting early

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Showbart,

What are the New 470 DR that you have on order for under 10K. What make and model? I'm always looking for a deal! Last time I checked (about a year ago) the chapuis was around 8400 euros for a 470 then there is import tax and exchange that is setting a abit greater than 1.40 for us common folk.9-10K on any good ser. double would be a good deal.

505ED

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They have one on GunBroker fired 8 times for $10K exactly and a new one for $10,800.

This is the ad for the used one. Just type in Chapuis and they will all pop up.

YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN
TO SEE LARGER PICTURE Login

Add to WatchList

Chapuis Brousse
GA LISTING NUMBER 976816454
SELLER STOCK #
CATEGORY Double Rifles (Misc.)
CONDITION .

Price: $10,000.00
Ask Seller A Question

As new. Shot 8 times on paper. .470 NE Outstanding wood. pics to e-mail on request

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505ED:
He needs to up his budget about 1K. Then he can chose from either and built to fit him. The Searcy at 10,500 and the Chapuis or Evo arms(Chapuis) at around 10,800.

505ED

Butch moved his prices up to 12K for the PH model and he currently is NOT taking orders for it.

I just looked on his website tonight.

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DB Bill:
They have one on GunBroker fired 8 times for $10K exactly and a new one for $10,800.

This is the ad for the used one. Just type in Chapuis and they will all pop up.

YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN
TO SEE LARGER PICTURE Login

Add to WatchList

Chapuis Brousse
GA LISTING NUMBER 976816454
SELLER STOCK #
CATEGORY Double Rifles (Misc.)
CONDITION .

Price: $10,000.00
Ask Seller A Question

As new. Shot 8 times on paper. .470 NE Outstanding wood. pics to e-mail on request

That's Gun America and it's old. He moved it to Gun Broker. He offered it to me for $9k when the Buy Now was $9500. I passed. It sold for $9k with a reduced Buy Now. GB has one new for $11k.

Contact Dale Nygaard at Heirloom Arms for great group buy pricing on Chapuis.

Some dealers MAY discount Merkel IF they get distributor pricing. I have a Merkel 470 ejector on order.

Outstanding deals on used Merkel extractor guns are out there, and here mostly. If I wasn't stuck on ejectors I would've bought the gun Badger Matt jumped on.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sierrabravo45:
quote:
Originally posted by 505ED:

505ED

Butch moved his prices up to 12K for the PH model and he currently is NOT taking orders for it.

I just looked on his website tonight.

Any idea why he is no longer taking orders?

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope,

Your guess is as good as mine. Probably backlogged with orders. It is easier to stop getting orders instead of telling guys you will have there rifle in 2-3 years.

I know a good custom 1911 smith who stopped taking work, he was 2 years backlogged and just couldn't handle taking anymore orders.

The good builders and smiths will always be busy.

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Rechamber the 45/70 to 450 N° 2.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote