Notify
Tools

A frightening experience...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Manion:
If you squat to take a leak, you can use the rear trigger first. Those who stand to heed the call of nature use the front trigger first.
thumb patriot beer

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With the greatest respect to the learned members of the forum-I have doubled a 500 Nitro twice in a row when hunting buf.It was 35 C (?95+F) in the shade,100% humidity,wet season in Australia's Northern territory-hung over and hands sweaty after crawling over a 100mtrs on all 4's.This was a prep hunt for elephant the next year.
Never afuckinggen I said.
I had an old SxS shot gun modified so the triggers were reversed,when clay target shooting and fired over 2000 rounds-rear trigger,then front trigger.
You can hit a clay,then its chip in the air using the rear trigger first with a little practice-never has the rifle doubled again.
If you hunt with a double rifle rather than a keyboard I suggest you do the same.

Australia
I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!

Posts: 302 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote