THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    scope base for the Merkel 470NE (FOUND IT)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

scope base for the Merkel 470NE (FOUND IT)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted
I’m looking for the name or E-mail address of a gunsmith in Eastern New Mexico on the border between Texas and New Mexico in the panhandle.

He posted about a custom scope base he was making that replaced the rear sight on the quarter rib, on a 470NE Merkel 140-2 and had a new lower rear sight on the base! He sent me pictures of the base but somehow I lost the post, and pictures in my computer.

That sight base doesn’t modify the rifle at all, and is cut to accept Tally rings if I remember correctly!

If anyone knows this guy or if he sees this please contact me at: DUGABOY1@aol.com or with a PM here on AR!

.................................... bewildered

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
PM sent

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doc! I thought it might be ELK88101, but i couldn't remember! I think he is on Safari right now, but I'll get a PM off to him just in case!

........................... tu2

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Excellent,
Glad I could be of some assistance. Looking forward to what he has to say.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac D37
Yes I did post about the merkel scope mount.
The guy thAt makes them is Justin Sip
Email me and I will send you his contact info
Larry
Elk88101@hotmail.com

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Thanks ELK, he sent me some pictures a couple yrs ago, but I somehow lost the file I had saved with his info!

My E-mail is DUGABOY1@aol.com

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Could someone send me Justin's info as well through a PM? I would be interested too. Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will this weekend when I get back home.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote