THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Grips, strength versus looks?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grips, strength versus looks?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys, didn't want to hijack Butch's thread, but was curious, was reading a good article linked in that thread that was saying the purdey bolt is sufficient on it's own, locks aren't as critical. Would you guys agree, and the giant grip, how does it compare to the rising bite? the rising bite is just awesome because of what it entails to do, I'm wondering if the giant is also as difficult, or is it weak? how come basically nobody has tried to duplicate it?

And I think if I do win the lottery I'm going to come up with a combination called the Big Red Grip, it is going to have a rising bite, the bite and the loop having corresponding holes, AND a giant grip type affair, exposed, that will then slide into the rising bite. Big Grin

sorry for complete fantasy, I seldom indulge in this kind of thing on the forum, but I'm so excited about opening day tomorrow that I can barely contain it. Big Grin

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Strange looking action - never seen one like that. Could you please post some more pictures of action open etc. Thanks

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11253 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello, Dago Red:
A very interesting double... who is the manufacturer? What caliber?
Please, send some pictures of the open action, giant grip, etc.
Thank you

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew I'd seen something like that before.

Here is an article from a mate of mine.

http://www.acant.org.au/Articl...urTypicalTolley.html

BTW - If you like funny looking actions, have a look at a Cashmore Nitro.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote