Tools

FAMARS out of business?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
FAMARS Out of Business

Anyone know anything about this?

Apparently Famars USA is not affiliated with Famars Italy.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Italian web page is down but FamarsUSA still appears to be functioning.

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rigby350
posted Hide Post
This may explain the situation, I received this Email some time ago, seems both Luxury Arms and FAMARS are no longer.

Dear Client
we are proud to announce that LUXURY ARMS srl has bought the " FAMARS DI ABBIATICO & SALVINELLI " trade mark and production capability.

For decades Famars has been synonym for high quality gunmaking, best materials and very innovative mechanisms. The company is best know for its patented detachable-lock designs

and handcrafted woodwork and engraving. Famars is considered the top Italian best shotgun and rifle manufacturer and the primary force behind the global popularization of Italian engraving

and fine guns that began in the 1960s.Today the Famars production includes over and unders with patented detachable mechanisms, traditional sidelocks and removable central sidelocks.

The rifles line includes boxlock, sidelock and central sidelocks in all European and African calibers from 22 LR to 600 NE . All over and unders and side by sides are made from 12 to 410 gauge

and all frames and parts are proportioned . We are also introducing five new models:

- over and under with innovative fixed mechanism, monobloc or chopper lump barrels in 12,16,20,28,410 gauges ,all proportioned

- over and under with fixed central sidelock with intercepting safety sear, monobloc or chopper lump barrels in 12,16,20,28,410 gauges, all proportioned

- New African double rifle , monobloc barrels, central sidelocks with intercepting safety sear, in 8x57 Jrs, 9,3x 74 R, 375 HH, 416 Rigby, 450/400 NE , 470 NE, 500 NE,577 NE,600 NE , all with proportioned frames.

- over and under pinless sidelocks with seagull wings opening,chopper lump barrels, n 12,16,20,28,410 gauges ,all proportioned

- customized bolt action in European and African calibers

For information on actual models please visit our www.famars.com , all new models will be presented on the www.luxuryarms.it web site that is at the moment under construction.

Posts: 119 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Hopefully LUXURY ARMS will take their place as FAMARS make darn Fine Weapons.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was broadcast at last January's DSC.

Dutch