Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 689 O/U Help...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted
Hey Guy's - I have a Beretta 689 O/U 30-06 - It is the one that does not have the rib between the barrels (Kind of looks like one of those Valmet O/U rifles). I do not have any paperwork for the gun.

Wondering if any of you know what ammo Beretta would have used to regulate this thing? I called Beretta and they were as helpful as they normally are (that is to say I shouldn't have even bothered to call them).

The gun consistently shoots about 4-5 inches apart with most ammo I have tried at 100yds (Bottom barrel low and upper barrel high).

Any help you all can provide would be appreciated.

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bet it's Norma.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mine shoots 165 gr partitions with 57 gr 4350 to 1" at 100

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! Will let you know what I come up with.

Jim

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
The manager of the Beretta store in Dallas TX is Ian Harrison and he strikes me as a very helpful guy. He might be a good go-between so to speak to help get some answers.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote