New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norma PH Ammo 470 NE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looks like we have an idea of the pricing on the Norma PH ammo, at least for the 470 NE.

Just saw it listed on Graf & Sons website for $199 per box of 20. Woodleigh bullets. They are currently showing it as "out of stock", which probably means they have not received the shipment yet.

From the pictures I have seen of the new ammo, looks like they are nickel plated cases.

But it is good news - about $100 less per box than Federal. Should put some price pressure on Federal, particularly if it shoots like the Federal ammo.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Reloading continues to be the only viable option. I reloaded 100 rounds of .470 NE over the weekend. At these prices that would have cost me between $1000 and $1500 dollars compared to the reloading cost of $200 to $250 (assuming $1.25/bullet, $.05/primer, $1.00/case (based conservatively on 4 reloads a case) and $.15/powder). Tough to practice much at $200-$300/box.

Mike

Posts: 21420 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

As far as doubles go I doubt I'll ever buy any factory ammop again given the absolutely unpredictable performance in my doubles.

Pricing aside, I have only a couple of guns that shoot factory stuff to my satisfaction...Handloads have proven to be my best option.

AND at about 5 or so bucks a round (first time firing) and even less each time the brass is reloaded why not save a little $$ in the process as well.

Better shooting, less money....

Makes sense to me.

JW

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with both of you. The ONLY reason I want to try it out is in the event one finds their ammo gone and has to find some factory ammo ASAP.

In a pinch, at least to me it is worth kknowing how my rifle digests the factory stuff.

Plus, I do like those nickel plated cases - the darn things seem to last forever.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, those cases are great....I believe they (Norma) make the Federal cases as well...

JW