Find
Notify
Tools

Stopping Rifle Clinic
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted
I noticed an add in the latest issue of Dakota Magazine for a Stopping Rifle Clinic hosted by Butch Searcy and Tom Trupin along with Niki and Keith Atcheson. The two day course will take place at the Flying B Ranch in Idaho. No idea of the cost but for those interested you can call the ranch at 1-800-472-1945. I bet this will be a ton of fun.....almost as much fun as a DRSS hunt!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the info:
Cost $2400 per person

Doug

Stopping Rifle Clinic
“Because It’s a Dangerous Gameâ€

This is an opportunity for those who own or are about to purchase a large bore stopping rifle for the pursuit of dangerous game. The clinic will teach time-proven techniques to maximize participant’s shooting ability.

World famous instructors will teach a limited number of dangerous game hunters to engage customized stationary and moving targets, including our charging Cape Buffalo simulator.

Use your rifles or ours. This is a rare chance to shoot a variety of big bore rifles. Besides shooting, topics covered will include, but are not limited to:

• Double rifle or bolt action? What’s right for you?
• Caliber and bullet selection.
• Recoil management.
• Bullet placement.
• Transporting firearms. The latest regulations and accessories to ensure a trouble-free hunt.
• Travel tips—including the latest on malaria medications and immunizations.

Instructors for this two day event will include famous rifle builder Butch Searcy, noted author and dangerous game expert Tom Turpin, and world travel expert and dangerous game authorities Keith and Niki Atcheson.

Luxury lodge accommodation, gourmet meals and shooting facilities provided by Idaho’s Flying B Ranch. Late season wingshooting is also available.

Enrollment for this unique event is limited. To reserve your place, contact:

Dan Blanco.
Sales & Marketing Director
Flying B Ranch
2900 Lawyer Creek Road
Kamiah. ID 83536
email: danb@flyingbranch.com
1-800-472-1945

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$2400 is outrageous.

With 2 African PH's at our January DRSS shoot, we had PH expertise as well as help from DRSS members who have walked the walk on DG hunting.

We also had life sized targets of impala, lion leopard, warthog, blue wildebeast and cape buff with a shooting course set up by BASA.

We were missing a travel expert though. And an author. Maybe that's the difference.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ROSCOE:
I bet this will be a ton of fun.....almost as much fun as a DRSS hunt!

jumping jumping

At $2400 that's $120 per pound, for that ton of fun! Eeker

shocker

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Do you have to get gored by a buffalo to teach how or how not to shoot dangerous game? Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19366 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Gee, the "Band of Bubba's could put you up in a tent. Feed you crackers and PB. Watch you shoot your own ammo and BBR BOOM, give you pointers thumb, harass you when you missed/flinched rotflmo pat you on the back when you make a good run on your targets banana. All of which will be the ever dangerous, charging milk jugs. lol

All for only $24.00, a much better value for your $$, than the above "Deal". clap

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jim manion -drss was also missing a double rifle builder. maybe if we invited messrs Holland they would send a representative ?

they came when i invited them to exhibit at Ohio Gun Collectors - the biggest gun collector club in the usa, maybe the world.

if we don't ask, we won't get !

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
okay Tom,
call Jason Simpkins and ask him to drive over. We hold the weekend clinic in Reno, charge the same price, and throw in hookers. I've been to the Flying-B...that's waaaaaaaaaaay out in the wilderness area.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Do you have to get gored by a buffalo to teach how or how not to shoot dangerous game? Smiler

Not all of the instructors have that on their resume, do they? Razzer

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomo577:
jim manion -drss was also missing a double rifle builder. maybe if we invited messrs Holland they would send a representative ?

they came when i invited them to exhibit at Ohio Gun Collectors - the biggest gun collector club in the usa, maybe the world.

if we don't ask, we won't get !

Tom, we had a factory rep from Heym there, and the importer as well! Along with him was a new Heym 88PH, and a new Bolt rifle, for inspection, and shooting! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jim is right 2400$ is a bit retarded for a 2 day stay.......

something along the lines of 1250-1300$ would be a bit closer......plus at that price they would draw more people.

you learn far more at the drss shoots than this two day crap....

theres guys like 450 no2 that have been there.....my self.....and others that would be more than glad to help others out on there up coming trips.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Will!

That is a little cold. shame

It is my understanding that Butch will be teaching the double rifle part and Turpin the bolt rifle part. Keith and Nicky will be there to answer questions on booking a hunt for newbies.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 465H&H:
quote:

Will!

That is a little cold. shame

It is my understanding that Butch will be teaching the double rifle part and Turpin the bolt rifle part. Keith and Nicky will be there to answer questions on booking a hunt for newbies.

465H&H

Yeah, probably. I guess I wouldn't expect too much from the course, though it might be fun. How are you going teach newbies how to stop a charge?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19366 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How are you going teach newbies how to stop a charge?

By cutting their spouse's credit cards in half?

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
amen to that..........

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
bsflag

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote