THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Sabatti classic 92 picture of crowns....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sabatti classic 92 picture of crowns....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of donner
posted
Just got a wery good offer on a Sabatti Classic 92 in cal 9,3+74R...anybody knows the history about this type rifle?

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Please do yourself and all of us a favor and do a search for this topic. PLENTY of information about them on this forum. I can't bear another round of Sabatti discussions. Suffice it for me to say, there are both positive thinkers with good experience with them, and there are many detractors, many with no actual experience with Sabattis. Many reportedly good ones are being sold now; in the past some poorly regulated ones were sold. And some well regualted ones that were regulated by grinding out the muzzle bores, which, they have stopped doing. Do not buy one unless the muzzle crowns are perfect. Here, they are only avail from Cabelas, who will refund your money if you do not like the rifle. Mechanically, no issues at all (one fired upon closing; suspect it was tinkered with). Damn, I said I would not enter into another Sab discussion. You hooked me. Oh, I have no experience with the small frame/calibers, only the big ones.

Posts: 17281 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
Oh wait, I got to get my beer and popcorn!

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

Posts: 293 | Location: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
PLEASE CLOSE THE DOOR! killpc

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Check the muzzle crowns, if they appear correct, go shoot it and then decide for yourself. I like my 450, and it shoots great at an affordable price.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
Does these Crowns look ok? shoots wery good..but i am a novice with dobbel rifles.. Smiler

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I can't tell from that camera angle, myself. Use a caliper or place a bullet into the barrels upside down and see if there any out of round areas of contact.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by donner:
Does these Crowns look ok? shoots wery good..but i am a novice with dobbel rifles.. Smiler

If shoots straight, enjoy the rifle. If the muzzles are ground or filed, stay away.

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
Donner , my sons owns a 9.3 x 74 Sabatti. He thoroughly enjoys it. Handles well and regulates good. if you haven't bought it yet , shoot it first. If it regulates , great , you got yourself a fine rifle.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote