Tools

Heym 88 500/416 for $5500
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
With an EAW mount.

Is this a good deal?

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
If it is in good condition and well regulated, I'd say it is an excellent price. The calibre is reasonably new, I think, and may have higher pressures than some old ones but should be enough for anything.

The EAW mounts, if put on straight with any needed regulation by Heym or a reputable gunsmith, might have added $2000 to the rifle's cost when installed.

Posts: 5015 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure but I reckon EAW mounts 101 is probably a freshman course at Ferlach, Suhl, and Ulm. Just saying!

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
FWIW I have proper stamped brass and dies for that caliber. PM me if you are interested. Brass is Superior brand, virgin and unfired. Dies are CH4D.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Great price & a great caliber.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Pictures ?

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2288 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
I am not sure but I reckon EAW mounts 101 is probably a freshman course at Ferlach, Suhl, and Ulm. Just saying!

You obviously know the details of the EAW mounts. All I know is that when I asked Heym if they could put mounts on my 88PH before sending it from the factory, they said yes but it would cost $A2400 - and that was nine years ago.

Posts: 5015 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Pictures ?

It is on Egun Charlie.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope, it's gone. It was there last night.

One of Us
posted Hide Post