Find
Notify
Tools

Finally ordered my first DR
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of UtahLefty
posted
After spending quite a bit of time researching and looking at guns I went with the Heym 88 PH 470. Many thanks to all who've answered my questions, expecially Dan and Aleko (who found a lefty 470 for me to shoot) and to Chris for answering my questions for nine months straight (as well as shipping a gun out for me to see)! Now I have to cool my heels for way too long boohoo before I take delivery!

-UtahLefty

Posts: 91 | Location: Northern Utah | Registered: 25 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
You poor bastard....now that you have one, you'll get the bug for another one, then another, then another.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!! WAY TO GO! cheers

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
WTG, UL! Welcome to the DRSS!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Heym makes one heck of a rifle.

When are you going to order a 9.3 X 74? Big Grin

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of UtahLefty
posted Hide Post
Jim, what I'm worried about is not being able to "settle" for less than a heym for the second one. Big Grin the whole lefty angle limits my realm of possibilities....

-UtahLefty

Posts: 91 | Location: Northern Utah | Registered: 25 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good choice. You'll be happy with both rifle and dealer.
-------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thumb thumb thumb

(Notice that it's a left handed "thumbs up.")

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Good luck U.L. Packy

One of Us
Picture of UtahLefty
posted Hide Post
thanks for the welcome! I'm having a hard tome not thinking about the thing every day even though I won't get it for a year! Mstarling, cool emoticon!

-UtahLefty

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UtahLefty:
Jim, what I'm worried about is not being able to "settle" for less than a heym for the second one. Big Grin the whole lefty angle limits my realm of possibilities....

“After spending quite a bit of time researching and looking at guns I went with the Heym 88 PH 470.†I think that is a exhalant choice and by the way congratulations. I am sure you will be extremely happy with your new Heym.

I think you will find that a DR is fitted much like a s/s shotgun. I have seen shotguns converted to lefty and don’t see that it would be that hard to do on a DR. The worst case would be having a new stock made if you need a cheek piece.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of UtahLefty
posted Hide Post
I wanted this one set up right from the get go but I hear what you are saying and may go that route on something like a 9.3 in the future.

-UtahLefty

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS !

it's about time you bought one.

now don't delay, cal dale nygaard and get a chapuis 9,3 x 74 r on order ( left hand & all ) at 20 % discount

it only takes $1,500 down and balance when delivered - giving you plenty of time to sell off some of your excess / useless turnbolt & lever guns

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
UL,

I will tell you this you will never be the same once you start shooting a double... Big Grin

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!! Now time to book a hunt! Smiler

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote