THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    HEYM Australia Photos - More photos added
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HEYM Australia Photos - More photos added
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted
Just got a bunch of photos back from the photographer. Hope you enjoy.

Camp is a one-hour charter from Darwin.

Lots of gear getting into a remote camp.

One of John's bulls | 88B 470 | Wally, John and Phil Massaro

HEYM 89B

A big bull clayman shot on the last day with his HEYM "Express" in 375 H&H.

HEYM 89B

I don't remember whose bull this was, but it's a cool shot.

A bull I took with the 89B

Almost 50" wide

Aboriginal cave paintings are very cool.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The trip was excellent. Numerous large buffalo were taken, all with Hyem rifles. Many great stalks and many good laughs. Chris oraganized a great hunt and Graham And Wally were great guides and super company. All this in the most beautiful of settings.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We should have taken pics of the whole line of Hyem rifles on the hunt. They were quite effective and a joy to carry.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice Chris!

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Chris,

great hunt.
(and double.)
:-)

Best wishes from Germany.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Working on more.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 11381 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Just in case some mates kid me into taking a similar hunt, could you remind us who the organising guide/outfitter is?

Does he give a discount for Heym owners? Smiler

Posts: 5015 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
Just in case some mates kid me into taking a similar hunt, could you remind us who the organising guide/outfitter is?

Does he give a discount for Heym owners? Smiler

Graham Williams is the operator at
http://www.biggameaustralia.com/main.htm

He has offered us package pricing for our groups.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, I can see my old house in that last photo! Our beautiful dog was living wild and near dead when we slowly won her over - she lived on the hill behind home. That aerial photo really hit my heart and brought back so many memories - thank you!

Awesome buffalo, too, you blokes shot. Good country, full of Harley Davidson cows.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Chris, I understand Graham is one of the good guys. I actually had a long conversation with him years ago when I was looking for a used double rifle, before I finally bought the Heym.

Posts: 5015 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks, Chris, I understand Graham is one of the good guys. I actually had a long conversation with him years ago when I was looking for a used double rifle, before I finally bought the Heym.

Indeed one of the good guys.
I know you would like his old style safari's

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Adam - do you know how old those paintings are?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new_guy:
Adam - do you know how old those paintings are?

A lot of the more popular Art sites have been dated at 2000 years old !!! with touch up painting over the centuries.
I doubt those particular paintings have been dated.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OUTSTANDING!

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I love that rock art. The paintings in Kakadu are great but it must be really good to see some of the ones off the main tourist trails, even if less grandiose.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Congratulations great report i wish Heyms were imported here in Argentina where we have plenty of big game to use it .
Cheers Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love that rock art. The paintings in Kakadu are great but it must be really good to see some of the ones off the main tourist trails, even if less grandiose.

Absolutely! It’s very special when you can “discover” a site yourself that nobody’s seen for who-knows-how-long. Some are humble, but some are more grandiose than Kakadu. A few months back I was shown what may be the oldest “trophy room” in the world. Very special.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Another of John.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome photos!

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Great pictures. Great bulls. Well done all.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2288 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote