THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    A hunt invitation to all you DR nuts!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A hunt invitation to all you DR nuts!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys
I thought I would put this out to all the other DR nuts here..
I have put together a group of guys to head over to Australia for either..

A:a trophy buff

B: trophy buff/scrub bull/hogs or

C: a management/cull buffalo hunt.

Thus far we have myself and AR regular Nganga (Steve) heading over from AZ.. Then we have another AR regular Cal Pappas and his buddy Rob, both hailing from AK joining in on the hunt as well. Steve and I will be shooting pea shooters 450/400 and 500NE.. Cal and Rob are bringing out the BIG BOYS for this hunt. A 600NE and an 8 bore!! Cool

This is a standing invite to you guys to join the group.. As of yet there are 4 of us in 100% for the hunt. We have ONE opening left to round out the camp. Only stipulation is ya gotta bring yer favorite DR! This hunt is going to be a flat out blast!!

Dates I have reserved are June 23-29 2012.. Arrive Darwin on the 23rd, hunt 24th-28th, back to Darwin on the 29th and then onward to either head home or sight see other locales in OZ.

Feel free to PM me and I will get you any additional info you may need if this is something that may be of interest to ya. I will provide ya with the outfitter, cost info, deposits, etc..

I hope this is of interest to someone who's looking for this type of hunt to come join in on the fun!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scotty, is it with Matt Graham?

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Pm sent for some information.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Scotty, is it with Matt Graham?

Biebs

No.. It is with Leithen Valley Trophy Hunts.

Here is their site.

http://www.leithenvalley.com/australia/index.html

Great outfit and great family.

Interested in joining??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike

PM sent back to ya.

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I'm in!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a good area around there.

You will have fun.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
That's good news. I was about to PM you.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well that is that!! We are now at a full camp..

Myself, Nganga, Cal Pappas, Rob (buddy of Cal), and now our very own Mike Brooks.. The AK boys are headed south!

Mike, I'll be in touch with you tomorrow to get the minor details hashed out.. but other than that, YOU ARE IN!!

I am certainly looking forward to this hunt. Gonna be a blast!

What are you thinking of taking over?

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Rob posts here also. Omnivorous Bob

Do we need to start practicing saying "Krikey" all the time now? Big Grin Smiler

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike
i didn't know that O Bob was Rob.. Even better!

Better add a few others to your repertoire in addition to that one..

G'day
Good on ya
loo
tucka

I'm sure theres plenty more we'll need to brush up on!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
Do we need to start practicing saying "Krikey" all the time now? Big Grin Smiler

Wash your mouth out. The guy "used" to be a hunter then turned traitor.

In any case, it's G'day Big Grin

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
How about,"Put another shrimp on the Barby?"

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
How about,"Put another shrimp on the Barby?"

Ripper mate, sounds good. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm...Interesting mix

3 Alaskan's and two desert rats?

tu2

It'll either be waaaay to hot or waaaay to cold

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone is feeling left out or wants to go on Sept 1st,2012 with Leithen Valley, we (3 of us) are booked and would like 1 to 2 more to join us. PM me for any info and i will be glad to respond. ON the other hand there may not be anything left to hunt after the June slaughter!!!!. This really is a great hunt and is reasonably priced. Break that new double in on a cull hunt or trophy bull if you want. "Bolt Trash" more than welcome also. Regards, Joe

Posts: 332 | Location: eastern oregon usa | Registered: 21 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very cool offer, Joe!

Don't count on any big boys being there though come Sept!! Big Grin Big Grin We are going to see to that!!

In all seriousness, LV is a GREAT family and a great outfit. I am certainly looking forward to this hunt. I have a feeling it is going to be a total blast!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe we should change our dates to May? God i hate to have to deal with wounded bull's that have been laying around for 2 months licking their wounds!! George's rule: you buy him a 6 pack for every miss!!! Did he not tell you about his rule? regards, Joe

Posts: 332 | Location: eastern oregon usa | Registered: 21 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2kuduhunter:
Maybe we should change our dates to May? God i hate to have to deal with wounded bull's that have been laying around for 2 months licking their wounds!! regards, Joe

Joe

2 months for the wounds to fester, mmmmmm, they should be really ripe by the time you get there Big Grin The last one i shot that was wounded had a hole in it's horn that was rank by the time I shot it and he tried to come at me after the first shot but luckily his joint was stuffed.

Just take a few extra pairs of undies and shorts for when the bulls hook you and put great rips in them totally unprovoked because they are angry already Big Grin (Or to replace the one's that are a bit stained - and that's if you haven't been gored !!! LOL).

Don't worry, Katherine has a great hospital. Only take about 4 hours over rough bumby roads to get there Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2kuduhunter:
Maybe we should change our dates to May? God i hate to have to deal with wounded bull's that have been laying around for 2 months licking their wounds!! George's rule: you buy him a 6 pack for every miss!!! Did he not tell you about his rule? regards, Joe

Wounded bulls? hah!!! were double guys, go back to your bolt trash forum
dancing

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I asked George if i could bring my double and his eyes lit up! He said he loves double guy's, It means lots of beer!! Smiler

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Man, it would be fun to wallop those AWBs down under with Scotty and Steve. I'll be hunting shumba, spots, and nyati during that time in 2012.

Shame.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:

Wounded bulls? hah!!! were double guys, go back to your bolt trash forum
dancing

Steve

Afraid to say that the Buffalo don't distinguish between the two !!! LOL

All they know is they have a hole in them that hurts and then they go hunting for who made it Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will
hence why I asked ya just as soon as the idea came to while we were all at Reno. I knew you would have fit right in with this motley crew.

I'm sure you won't be missing us too awful much while ya'll are over on the Save with a menu like that!!