THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    375 Flanged Mag and 9.3x74R brass for sale
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 Flanged Mag and 9.3x74R brass for sale
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If interested, please see my ads in the classifieds.

100 pcs Norma 9.3x74R brass
85 pcs BeLL 375 Flanged Mag brass

All brass is new, unfired

Posts: 306 | Location: Originally from Texas | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
please excuse my ignorance, but is it possible to use 375H&H dies to reload the flanged version?

inquiring minds want to know.

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
please excuse my ignorance, but is it possible to use 375H&H dies to reload the flanged version?

inquiring minds want to know.

Rich
Buff Killer

Yes it is.

Although for a DR, if the chambers are not exactly the same,
it can create a could of problems IF the brass really does
need FL Resizing.

But if you can get away with Neck resizing only, the dies
will work fine.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich,

Here's my experience trying to use 375 H&H (rimless) dies to load the 375 Flanged Mag.

The first brass I had many years ago was unformed BELL brass. This I tried to form using 375 H&H dies. Now in addition to the brass being unformed at the shoulder, it also needed the correct body taper to be formed with the FL resizing die. Using the rimless dies, this just didn't work. The 375 H&H dies scraped the body of the cases and formed a ring down near the solid case head (about 3/8" above the rim).

The brass is just too expensive to ruin it in the forming stage so I went ahead and ordered the correct dies from RCBS. Never a problem with them since.

Posts: 306 | Location: Originally from Texas | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote