Find
Notify
Tools

It's Heeere!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted
Finally, it really did not take JJ that long, but when you buy a "new" gun, fondle it for 1/2 a day and then return it to the seller to have some minor repairs done, having to wait six weeks to get it back is tough! One thing about it though, I have all the dies, cases and bullets collected to get it going this weekend. The sample target that was sent back with it shows 3 shots into 1.7" @30 yds offhand, with the fourth being somewhat of a flyer, being 1.5" above the other group. Aggregate spread being 2.48" @ 30yds. The load was 80.0 gr. of IMR 4831, 400 gr. Woodleigh soft, HDS case and Fed 215 primer. Wonder what the velocity is? Anyways, since we have a band of 400 nitro owners here in Houston, Hopefully, Bobc, Rusty, 400 Nitro and anyone else interested can meet at Bayou rifles sunday for a test shoot! Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Okay, give it up, where is Bayou rifles? Does 400 nitro owners, include .470 nitro owners?

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Mike, Bayou Rifles is a membership shooting range and as an invited guest, I may have overstepped my bounds, but I suspect as a Houston member of the DRSS, that you would be welcomed as a guest. I am a member of Pearland Sportsmans Club, and we are allowed 2 guests as long as they are shooting with a member. That said, I bet if Rusty and 400 Nitro can find time to go, one of them would sign for you, as long as you bring a double anyway!! Lee.

N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Way to go. I'll bet you are going to love that Rodda.
Ernest

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1226 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Who knows, Bayou Rifles might be able to get a new member out of the deal. Where is the range? Carters Country is so convenient for me since I live in Kingwood.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
About 5 miles south of HWY 6 and 288. Close to Rosharon.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
els, I'll take good care of her, You have visitation rights under Texas law! Interestingly enough, I went to the Westley Richards site and they have two Rodda double rifles for sale. The 450/400 is an exact duplicate of mine, the only exception being the lack of an initial shield on mine. The cosmetics are the same also, border engraved, no case left,etc. I think the $7500 that I gave Champlins was far more reasonable than the $11500 that WR is asking though!

N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Mike,
You most certainly are a welcome guest at Bayou Rifles. Anytime you'd like to drive down, I'd be glad to take you to the range. We are off County Road 57 in Juliff, Texas. County Road 57 is the 2nd turn off to the right south of Hiway 6 on 288 South.

Be glad to see you. Please contact me directly
rkmojo@aol.com

Lee, Bob and I are trying to coordinate a meeting this Sunday at the range.

Don't worry Ernest, we'll all look after the Rodda!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SwiftShot
posted Hide Post
Hey Rusty next time I get back home on leave I might give you a call if you dont mind. Its crazy not having a range to shoot at. I might have talked myself into a big bore by then. Something in the 400 class. For some unknown reason I want a Taylor dont ask me why.

Posts: 433 | Location: Washington state USA  | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Just give me a call!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, you have a pm.Bob

Posts: 1283 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote