THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Mono-Metal bullets in Blaser multi-barreled guns.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mono-Metal bullets in Blaser multi-barreled guns.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I sent an e mail to Blaser and got back the reply that mono-metal bullets, I specifically mentioned Barnes X and Barnes Super Solids, are safe to shoot in my Blaser D99 Duo. I would assume this would also be true for any of the Blaser multi-barreled guns that are made like the D99 Duo, ie barrels not soldered together.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it is generally accepted that mono bullets are not for use in -quality- double rifles.

ponder that one a while....

TOMO577

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tomo
I could counter that with:
Mono metal bullets are not suitable for older inferior technology type double rifles, shame but I won't.
Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tomo,

GS Custom and North Fork driving band solids (i.e., NOT Barnes) are kinder to a vintage double than Woodleigh solids.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
450#2

h&h tested these mono bullets and had a barrel bulge. maybe they make their bbls too thin ???

but they have been building doubles far longer than blazer has been in existence......

so who to trust with your double ???

as for me i'll stick with mssrs. holland advice

TOMO577

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomo577:

as for me i'll stick with mssrs. holland advice

That is fine, but just because their prices are high does not mean they know everything. But the regulators will tell you to minimize use of woodleigh solids in a double.

As for "monometals", I think you are assuming that they are all the same, which they are not. If you have a blowout with a Firestone tire does that mean that all tires are bad?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NE450No2,
I agree with you, mono-metal bullets are unsuitable for older style inferiour technology double rifles. Many of the modern double rifles built in central Europe today will handle the mono-metals as well as any other bullet. Most of the new style double rifle have free-floating barrels and usually heavier walled barrels than the old style guns. BTW, where did you buy your Blaser Duo?

Vasa

Posts: 78 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 28 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Vasa
I bought it at Rays Hardware in Dallas Texas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could have been the one that I saw on GunBroker from Rays in Dallas (?). Nice rifle and very versitile.

Vasa

Posts: 78 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 28 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Vasa
That is the one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
I sent an e mail to Blaser and got back the reply that mono-metal bullets, I specifically mentioned Barnes X and Barnes Super Solids, are safe to shoot in my Blaser D99 Duo. I would assume this would also be true for any of the Blaser multi-barreled guns that are made like the D99 Duo, ie barrels not soldered together.

You wont have problems.

The new Blaser Multibarrelrifles can be used with monometalbullets!