New
Find
Notify
Tools

Xplosion Raffle Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I picked up the Searcy 470NE last Tuesday that I won in the first raffle offered by Butch. I wiped it down after drooling all over it and cleaned the barrels real good in preparation to shoot it this past weekend. I have some sporadic back problems and you would know they would start up on Friday.

Anyway, I loaded a few rounds with the regulation load Butch listed in his letter (106gr of IMR4831 with 500gr Woodleighs) and a few rounds that regulate in my Merkel with Re15. I headed to the range yesterday with the handloads and a few factory Hornadys since Butch had used the Hornady factory loads to regulate it along with IMR4831 load. Since my back was acting up, I decided to shoot it off my shooting sticks instead of the bench. I placed 10 clay targets on the 50yd back stop and figured that would give me a chance to get used to the triggers and get an idea of the regulation. I broke 9 out of the 10 and called the miss low left which my shooting partner confirmed as low left about 1".

It seems to fit me like a glove.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ed, a fine rifle...it will serve you well.

Posts: 20163 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VERY NICE!!! CONGRATS!!

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Ed!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Looks like the perfect "using" rifle!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote