THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Let's see your double rifle reloading room
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's see your double rifle reloading room
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted
As the title says, here's mine. One safe for bpe and the other for nitro doubles. Reloading bench was made in 1982 and the card catalog files are wonderful for small parts. The oak cabinet is used to separate my double's ammunition after I added shelves (too many doubles to fit in the cabinet so I had to put it to some use).

Actually, I wanted to see if I can place photos here with imgur.
Cal

http://imgur.com/a/BUNb0

PS. OK, the photos are on the link. Any idea how to make the photos appear here on the post?
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Select Large Thumbnail at the bottom of the Imgur photo. Then copy and paste the BBCode link in Imgur.

Mike

Posts: 21364 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Got it. Thanks Mike.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Cal, that is one amazing room. 12 DR cases on that shelf? Heck, that alone is amazing!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2318 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I am an orphan. Please adopt me! Big Grin

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11019 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post

I reload for more than just doubles. It's quite a mess right now as we are working on some friends projects as well.

Mac

Posts: 1731 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's serious!

Posts: 20130 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
5 more cases on the other side of the room.

Cal,

Looking for a case for my Greener, any ideas.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
There is a Greener case in Zim I am going to pick up next year for a gun I own. If it does not fit I will pass it on. It may be for 28" barrels or 30" Not sure. What is the pull and bbl length of yours?
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Cal,

I tried it on physically and it fit, but i did not measure it.
But i am built like a spider monkey so i would guess about 15" pull. 25" barrels IIRC.
Is the case leather or canvas?
There is a canvas one coming up in an auction in UK for 28" barrels.
What length you need.
If i win and it is a better fit for you maybe we can trade.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McKay:

I reload for more than just doubles. It's quite a mess right now as we are working on some friends projects as well.

I haven't seen that much raw material since I was at Michael458's house - whew...

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
After seeing that i am too embarrassed to post any of my pics

Nitro

DRSS, BASA

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:

I haven't seen that much raw material since I was at Michael458's house - whew...

After seeing all of Michaels other posts I am sure he blows me away for components.

Mac

Posts: 1731 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal my Gibbs has 28" Barrels keep me in mind...
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
There is a Greener case in Zim I am going to pick up next year for a gun I own. If it does not fit I will pass it on. It may be for 28" barrels or 30" Not sure. What is the pull and bbl length of yours?
Cal

Posts: 1615 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
I am an orphan. Please adopt me! Big Grin

Hmm, might my real name be Pappas? Alaska sounds like a fine place.

Cal, that is a very nice setup you've got there

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Nitro:
The case in Zim is a solid oak and leather with an old Greener label in it. Green interior.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

Well, here is my loading-casting-gunsmithing room. This is for not only my double rifles, but also for various rifles and pistols.

My only problem is, that my room is in the basement and its very, very small, being only about 12' x 15'. I do manage to load and shoot about 2000 rounds a year of various calibers, ranging from .14 Helm up to 700NE, as well as 7 different shotgun gages.

I have a path to each corner and nook, although sometime it requires "side-stepping" and "stepping-over" stuff to get there. This may not seem organized to you, but I know exactly where to look "under stuff" to find what I'm looking for, unless I run out of time and forget what it was I was searching for to begin with.

These pictures should make some of you feel better about your loading rooms.

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2131 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Buckstix, Glad to see others are inflicted with the same illness. rotflmo

Mac

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's WAAAAAAAY more than an illness! :-)

Posts: 20130 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
My wife thought I was overloaded with "gun junk" as she calls my man's dump! The pictures in this thread would fill my whole house, garage included!

................................................................... Eeker old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I am embarrassed to post pics of my gun room & reloading room,I reset it every 6 mos or so but it always turns into a frikking mess ha ha,but Like Buckstix I always know where everything is at Big Grin
You guys have given me hope,when they finally lock me away ? now I know I will not be alone,some of you will be there for sure jumping

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
You are all very sick people, i have never felt more at home! dancing

Nitro

DRSS, BASA

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just wow!

When we get set up back in the USA again, i am going to build a shop about 40-100 yards away from the house and get set up with a reloading room like that.

I lost a friend of mine in Australia who had an electrical fire in his house run through several hundred pounds of powder.

His wife made it out, but he got trapped in the fire and died. His 400 pounds didn't help him, but I am deathly afraid with our 3 toddlers of having that much powder in the house after losing my friend.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Mckay,

I love your E design reloading bench. Great idea!

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

Just wow!

When we get set up back in the USA again, i am going to build a shop about 40-100 yards away from the house and get set up with a reloading room like that.

I lost a friend of mine in Australia who had an electrical fire in his house run through several hundred pounds of powder.

His wife made it out, but he got trapped in the fire and died. His 400 pounds didn't help him, but I am deathly afraid with our 3 toddlers of having that much powder in the house after losing my friend.

I worry the same, I have a conditioned shop I'm building in my back yard that I am going to move the bulk of my powder to once completed. I'm sure I have a 1000+ pounds down there.

Mac

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Mckay,

I love your E design reloading bench. Great idea!

Thank you, It has been really functional. Only needed to make a few minor changes with drawers and what not that was unforeseen when I drew up all the cabinets to have built.

Mac

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have more than one reloading bench and more than one reloading spot, depending on what I'm doing as to what one I'm at...

I refuse to put all of my reloading "stuff" in one place, as I had a house burn down one time.

It taught me an IMPORTANT lesson, to NOT put all of my eggs in one basket!!

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some of you guys could do a series of 21 day safaris if you'd just sell out...

I don't post pictures on AR as most of you know, some condem me for it but I describe well and see no need.

My double rifle reloading room is a 30 x 40 log shop, well heated, but no air conditioning, just a big ole fan that I seldom use because its in my horse barn keep Cinderella cool and roping shape..

Its furnished in hurricane and tornado fashion but I know where 50% of what I need is located. My saddles and powder are together, my loaded ammo more than enough to support our boys in Iraq is in order on shelves, my dies are arranged in order but not sure where they are, my stockmaking is well arranged but piled on top of each other, the rest is a nightmare!! pissers beer

The sad part is I must be a blood brother to Buckstix other than he needs some saddles etc. mixed in.. rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41953 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh man, that's awesome!!!

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
So awesome that the wife is going to want a new Kitchen! rotflmo

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:

Oh man, that's awesome!!!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11019 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nakihunter:
So awesome that the wife is going to want a new Kitchen! rotflmo

Oh she got that, and a new panty. How it can cost 70K for a pantry I don't know. Roll Eyes And I did the majority of the work....

Mac

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I've been single for 25+ years so forgive me if I'm missing something. How the hell can a kitchen cost 70$K? I mean a stove, 'fridge, sink, and a few cabinets 2K, 3K at most. Of course, that is probably why I'm single!
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
I've been single for 25+ years so forgive me if I'm missing something. How the hell can a kitchen cost 70$K? I mean a stove, 'fridge, sink, and a few cabinets 2K, 3K at most. Of course, that is probably why I'm single!
Cal

Haha, don't recall what the kitchen remodel was. Just recall the pantry was right close to 70k. And like I said I did a ton of the work myself. Fancy copper sink and faucet, anther fridge, under cabinet ice maker, kegerator, wine fridge, dishwasher, etc. About 40' of wall to ceiling cabinets so apparently it all ads up! She's happy so that's all that matters.

Mac