THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Jamison Brass & Federal 215 primer supplies
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jamison Brass & Federal 215 primer supplies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
FYI
Just talked with Fred Huntington today and he informed me that Mark Jamison has two military contracts for brass cases, Fred said if your waiting for any Nitro Express cases don't hold your breath, they're probably not going to happen for quite awhile. On the heals of that Federal is also involved in some kinda military contract requiring the use of their F215 primers, if you need some soon start shopping NOW they are also getting hard to find. Graf & Son's still has a case of the Gold Match F215's.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
This is interesting as I just received two shipments of .577 NE 3" brass from both Huntington's and Buffalo Arms. These we back ordered for close to a year and I just got them about three weeks ago.

I ASSUME that the reason I got them now was because Jamison just did a run of that specific brass and was shipped to the distributors. But what do I know.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
some kinda military contract requiring the use of their F215 primers

Now THAT's interesting.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I was reading on the Canadian Forum about two weeks ago, and they were talking about a primer shortage. The Fed 215s being amoung those hard to find. With that heads up, I got another carton plus found another 3 boxes. This should keep my Lott going for awhile.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keith,

We now know where to visit!!!

Interesting because--

556 is small rifle

most 30 cal are 210's

50 cal is a 50 BMG primer

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Manion:
Keith,

We now know where to visit!!!

nilly

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Other sniper rounds:

300 win mag
338 Lapua

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
I talked to Jamison's yesterday and it doesn't appear to be as grim as it might sound.

They do have some large contracts, but they are scheduled to have those out of the way by August.

They will also be making regular (although smaller) runs of their regular stuff in the interim... so I'm told.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947