THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Sabatti Safari and Big five.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sabatti Safari and Big five.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted
Hello

Well I stopped at the Sabatti booth at the "Italian gun makers expo " this weekend.
Got to handle a Safari Express in 45/70 and a Safari Express Big 5 in 470NE.
Both very nice compared to the model 92.
They did not have any 92's at the show.
They did have 2 O/U ( Calibers unknown, probably 45/70 and 9.3 )
Picked up a catalog will post scans later.

D Pedersoli had a Kodiak in 45/70 as well as there muzzle loader DR's in 50, 54 and 72 cal.
The Howdah pistol in 50, 54 and 20 ga is cool.

Also have catalog.

Not as impressive a show as I had hoped, I was in the area none the less.

Cheers
Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nitro,
I'm sorry that we did not connect while there. I was at the show, off and on, both Saturday and Sunday. I spent a lot of time in conversation with Gabriele Sabatti, a real gentleman and most informative. We even shared a small lunch on Sunday. As some of you here already know, I build double rifles as a hobby, so know a bit about the process. I was VERY impressed with the Sabatti Deluxe Safari guns, fit & finish, weight, method of fabrication,style, etc., all darned nice for a gun which sells for $6000Cdn in the big nitro calibres. The show was smaller than expected but he says that they had a number of exhibitors drop out on short notice. At their dinner last night the talk was of bigger and better next year and in Calgary as well as Toronto!

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote