Find
Notify
Tools

Photo's of my new Chaupis
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted
Thought you may like to see a few photos of my new Chapuis. Like others I bought this through the group buy and it is better than I expected. This is a base gun with no upgrades. The wood is spectacular and fit and finish is very nice. Hope to try it out tomorrow if the weather allows. For those wanting a double I recomend you contact Dale...he was a pleasure to work with.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roscoe,
How did the scope mount installation go?

Nice rifle

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Wa y cool! Shooting mine toworrow too. Razzer

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1582 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
No problems at all....fit fine.

We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
One thing I found interesting was the front sight...it is spring loaded. If you push it the sight moves down then pops back up. Never seen this before. Not sure why it works that way? Maybe to keep if from snaging on things?

One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Roscoe,
Congrats on the new DR! I sure hope you have as much fun as I have had with the .577NE.
We sure missed you at the last hunt, Hope to see you at the next!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Roscoe,
What caliber?

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roscoe
Congratulations on your Chapuis, nice wood.

If you look at the top of the front sight you will see a small allen head screw that is used to adjust the elevation.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's lovely wood Roscoe. Be sure to bring it to the next DRSS shoot.
--------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Paul,
It is in 9.3 and believe me it killed me to miss the hunt. A last minuet business trip kept me away. I will do my best to make the next one.
Tony....thanks for the info on the sight...I do remember seeing the allen screw...I guess I just didn't put 2 and 2 together. I didn't have much time to play with the rifle because my wife came home and I had to hide it back in the safe!!!
Mark...It will be at the next shoot for sure!

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Very nice wood!

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roscoe,

That is a fine looking rifle. Very nice wood, is that an upgrade?

Makes me wish I would have had my head out of my butt on the last group buy.

Congratulations.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle!

Chapuis is the most underrated maker of double rifles out there, with the possible exception of Merkel, although I would take a Chapuis over a Merkel any day of the week.

If Chapuis would only go with the splinter forearm and a shadow lined oval cheekpiece as standard, ahh . . . thumb

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13661 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you might want to look at the new merkel 9,3 on the 28 ga frame. it may have you rethink you ideas on merkel. this new model literally sells itself. chapuis is not underrated. they just seem to specialize in small calibers up tp 9,3. one seldom if ever encounters their dangerous game calibers thought they catalog them.....

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill74
posted Hide Post
ROSCOE,
congrats,that is one slick looking rifle!

Posts: 115 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking double!

Can't wait to see her "in the flesh".

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Great looing double Roscoe! Congratulations!
Wait'n on mine!

Rusty

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote