THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Bell brass for a 450/400 3 1/4"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bell brass for a 450/400 3 1/4"
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted
Does anyone have any they would part with or know where I might find some?Thanks.
Fred

DRSS Member

Posts: 899 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Did you try Buffalo Arms? They generally have it.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WVFred:

Is Jamison producing it? Might try www.custombrassandbullets.com or possibly Huntingtons www.huntingtons.com

Good Luck.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys,
Buffalo doesn't have it listed anymore and I called Huntingtons about the Jamison brass and they still havent got it.I e-mailed Jamison and haven't heard back yet.Thanks.
Fred

DRSS Member

Posts: 899 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got 12-14 pieces of unfired hds brass for a rifle I no longer own (have a 3" now). If you're desperate to get a new gun shooting (been there) PM me and I'll loan'em to you. I'm leaving on business trip Sunday night so let me know soon.

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just checked the shop, I also have 16 fired 3 1/4 cases and about 80 pieces of unformed bell brass. You're welcome to the fired cases free, but be warned they were fired in a rifle with quite long chambers and need to be resized. I got them in a trade and my last 450/400 shell holder cracked so I haven't done it myself. I'll sell the bell brass at the same $2/rd I paid if you're interested.

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Posts: 810 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to have a William Evans double in this caliber and never got good results with Bell brass. Much too soft. I had better luck with HDS brass from Huntington's. I'd try looking there.

You can also buy 450 basic cylinder brass and run it through a ful length sizing die and trim to length. I did that when I couldn't find the proper stuff. It works, but is a little more work.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
Bob.....pm sent...Thanks
Mac,
Mine likes the Bell better.It loads and ejects much better with the bell.
Right now I can't find any available brass from HDS,Jamison or Bell.
Thanks.
Fred

DRSS Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In recent years, most of Huntingtons flanged nitro brass was made by Bell. I've never run across a soft Bell case.
------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have about 40 unfired HDS. If interested pm me.

DRSS
NRA Life Member
VDD-GNA

Posts: 326 | Location: Cheyenne area WY USA | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote