New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joined the Gang
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Made it home from Kazakhstan for a few weeks leave and headed straight to the Cabelas Buda store. Some weeks earlier I had them lay away a Sabatti 9.3x74 they had just received. A week later I emailed them (no phone access for me off-shore) requesting a 450-400 as well. None were available in the system at that time but they committed to finding me one before I got home. I requested, ideally, regulation under 1 1/2" and "pretty" wood. A few days before flying out an email landed that they had one come in another store and had it shipped to Buda for me. Yesterday I drove out to Buda and found both rifles waiting. I am more than pleased with their efforts working with me from the middle of no where. The wood on the 450-400 is the nicest I have seen on a Sabatti. The final group meaures 1 1/6", the 9.3 goes 1 1/4" The 9.3's wood is pretty nice too. They had one box of 450-400 ammo and I already had some 9.3 ammo (Lapua) that I picked up some time back on clearance somewhere. The folks here and the fair Sabatti costs put me over. I will head to the range on Wednesday (damn place is closed Mon/Tues!). Maybe I'll get some photos up of the 450-400 soon. Depending how well the 9.3 shoots the 286 gr Partition out to 150 yards or so, it may replace my 35 Whelen for next years grizzly/black bear. Sorry for the long ramble but a near life long dream has just been realized.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Congratulations welcome to the club. Good luck with them and use them well. Cool Cool

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
how neat is that?

Welcome to the club...

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Now you can add DRSS in your sig line. Congrats

In 3 months if all goes well you'll be shown the secret hand shake and the club passwords! Wink

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations welcome to the DRSS. YOU KNOW THIS ADICTION WILL NOT STOP.
The 9.3X74R would be my grizzly/black bear choice. I would add a scope for the longer shots.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats indeed and welcome!!

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Welcom to the DRSS!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
........And another one falls into the addiction of double rifles!

Welcome aboard the DRSS ship of fools that seems never to have full gun racks !

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You mean all you gotta do is own one? Shazaam !!

I've got a Searcy 450/.400 and a custom shotgun makeover in 30-30..

The fineprint doesn't say nuthin' about having taken anything with it, does it??

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
That is very cool, good luck with your new rifles.

I have one in .450NE and I LOVE it!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! If you dont reload I would encourage you to do so, It adds to the fun and enjoyment of shooting and hunting! Good luck with your new rifle!!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote