THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Lu-Mar SRL 7x65R; need info/help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lu-Mar SRL 7x65R; need info/help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just bought pretty nice looking over & under; Lu-Mar SRL in 7x65R. Got a couple of boxes of Norma ammo with it. Got cases & dies ordered and on the way. So this weekend I'll make it go "boom".

Does anyone have a owners manual to scan/fax/e-mail/etc for me? Any info appreciatted. Google search doesn't bring much up.

This gun has a wide dove-tail for scope mount. Whose mounts work here?

My first "double" rifle so I'm pretty pumped.

thanks in advance;

Pete A.

Posts: 107 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 26 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Well! Congratulations on your new double rifle! beer

Now the next thing to do is add the DRSS to your signature line here on AR! We must have first things first! Hope the Norma loads work well in your rifle, and the 7X65R is a fine cartridge, and one that is well matched to all of North American game, and all the plains game of Africa as well! Balisticly it is about equal to the 280 Remington, which is one of the better 7mm rounds as well.

I'm sorry, but I won't be much help with the LU-Mar SRL double, as I have zero experience with this brand name! There will be those here, however, who will likely be in the know, on it!

Good Luck with your range trip, and let us know how the rifle/loads did!

...........Again, Congratulations! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think i just figured out how to post pics.

I mounted a Leupold 1.5x4.5 VXIII on it quite easily using Millet Tip-oof mounts. Makes a pretty handsome rig. It is a single non-selective trigger. Nice figure in butt.

Got 20 loads; fairly mild 2700fps 140g loaded to try.

Posts: 107 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 26 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another pic or two.[URL= ][IMG]
[URL= [/URL]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
INTERESTING RIFLE. DOES IT SAY WHERE IT WAS MADE ?

ARE THE BARRELS ADJUSTABLE AT THE MUZZLE.

LET'S SEE SOME TARGETS !

WELCOME TO DRSS - TOM

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is made in Italy. It is good quality but not Kreighoff or Heym level quality. However better than the Turkish & Russian ilk.

You can adjust (regulate) windage at muzzle. With fore-end off there is a sliding block with inclined plane to adjust (regulate) windage. I'll try to take some pics of this for you.

I have not shot it as of yet; too much kids stuff this weekend but hop to shoot it Monday at the club range. I bought 100 cases from Bruno's (I think I bought all they had) and am using 7x64 dies (Redding tech guys says this is aok). Like a rookie I ruined 2 cases during adjustment so down to 98. Gun came with 2 boxes of Norma 156g which I'm not going to shot just yet.

In my plan is to work up a healthy 175g load for any applications for this (got 2 boxes of older Nosler Part's). Honestly I'm not looking for too too much in accuracy. Probably won't use beyond 100yds as I like most here have closest full of accurate bolts for longer stuff.

Hoping some here could give me an idea what is and is not acceptable accuracy for a gun like this.

Tips, pointers, suggestions critiques are all appreciatted.

Pete A.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pics of regualtion devices:

[URL= ][IMG]
[URL= ][IMG]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be nice to know what load it was regulated for. I would try a shooting 4 of the normas to see how it regulates with that load. That would give you a starting point. I would not try to load realey hot loads just find a load that regulates.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got some pretty mild loads of 140g at aprox 2700fps (this is mild 7x57 level) to try.

Books show these (7x64/7x65R) above 270/280 velocity. So my load is quite conservative. I have considered using the 154g Hornady's for handloads to get darn close to the factory Norma ammo at a fraction of the $50/box these go for now. the S&B stuff is far cheaper but my experience wth that brand in other guns has not been encouraging.

I was discussing the 175's as I don't think this rifle will have accuracy potential to warrant a 140g high velocity load.

But it is all good when it requires more shooting.

One of Us
Picture of yellowhammer
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ o/u double in 7x65R I shoot factory ammo Sellor & Bellot 172 grain bullet. Haven't worked up a load on my own. I too mounted my Leupold in tip off mounts. Works good except for one thing after a while it can shoot loose, might want to keep that in mind and make sure it's tight before sight picture shift let's you know.

Posts: 87 | Location: Eastern Texas | Registered: 13 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got to shoot it yesterday. I threw together a mild and probably not that accurate of a load; 140g Rem PSPCL @ 2700fps+/-. We had a rain storm with fairly high winds.

Each barrel shot 1.25" groups at 50 yds. Windage was about spot on. Top barrel hits aprox 6" above bottom.

I am not at all displeased with accuracy as same slugs only give 1.5"-2" groups (@100yd) out of my 7x57 (same guns shoots 1" with 140g Sierra & Nosler BT's) M70 w/Shilen barrel.

My plan is to work up healthy 175g load and then regulate @ 100yds. But until then I won't change anything. Of course other than have a good time with it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pete,

Don't have the manual you are looking for, but I have a Lu-Mar shotgun.

The contact info from it's owners manual is:

www.lu-mar.it although I am having trouble getting it to come up. email is info@lu-mar.it

The fax number from the U. S. is 011 39 30 8911185.

Suggest you try any and all of the above and see what results you get. Good luck and good shooting.

Don

Life Member SCI &, NRA

Posts: 161 | Location: Reno NV and Betty's Bay RSA | Registered: 13 August 2006Reply With Quote