THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Bailey Bradshaw mini-doubles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bailey Bradshaw mini-doubles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on these awesome looking little doubles? The only searching I did brought up the review from Chuckhawks. So has anyone ordered one of these lately from Bailey and what is your opinion? Have the issues brought up by Chuckhawks been rectified? As always pictures are encouraged Big Grin

Posts: 210 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 16 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have shoot a couple of Bailey's small rifle there are great with a capital G, his 22 hornet was absolute a dream. he might still have a double in the safe that's for sale I'm not sure but there was on there last time i looked but that has been awhile back. give him a shout he's always happy to talk about guns

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought back Bailey's 1st numbered DR, a 7x65, and returned it to him "on account" for posterity. If that gun goes anywhere, it will be back to me!!! :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies guys. Id love to own one of Baileys doubles with a spare set of .410 barrels!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
he would more than likely be happy to build it for you. if you ask real nice i might even test fire it like i did larry;s Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
i might even test fire it like i did larry;s Big Grin

And if YOU can hit a garbage can lid at 20 yards, it's a shooter!!!!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bailey made a .22 k-hornet double with an extra set of .410 barrels for me two or three years ago, Matabele.

I took it to Southern Africa to wring it out (you can search that thread here on AR); shot a few small critters, including a young wart hog, using the 60 grain Nosler partition. Sent the rifle back to Bailey on return to sort out some kinks and it's now awaiting engraving with Ken Hurst.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haha ddrhook, sounds like a deal just dont let me know how it shot for you, dont want to think Bailey forgot to include the Hornet barrels Big Grin

Thanks for the info Tim, its your rifle that got me interested in Baileys work. How did the Nosler perform on that pig, did you get decent penetration and weight retention?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
no worries, i just love to shoot Baileys rifle and can't wait till mine is completed he is always coming up with new things to improve the old design and if no one has mentioned it the barrels he uses are superb. i'v looked at a lot of barrels from different makes over the yrs but his are make to order for him to his specs. the great. when mine is done maybe we can get together and i'll let would ring it out for awhile since i live in africa now

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
since i live in africa now

Yes, at the insistence of our State Department :-)

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matabele:

Thanks for the info Tim, its your rifle that got me interested in Baileys work. How did the Nosler perform on that pig, did you get decent penetration and weight retention?

The 60 gr. Nosler worked brilliantly Matabele, but Bailey increased the twist to stablize the heavier bullet (1:12 as I recall).

No bullets were recovered. All went through and through including on the red duiker, hit at about 60 yards coming towards me. The Nosler passed diagonally through him. The warthog was broadside and the not-very-good shot went through. She ran about 150 yards before falling dead.

I believe the Nosler/k-hornet combination would do for impala or springbok up to 100-125 yards.

Regards,
Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs,
now you know the state department had nothing to do with it!!!! there to busy covering there ass's in the middle east to worry about little old me Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
when mine is done maybe we can get together and i'll let would ring it out for awhile since i live in africa now

That would be great, thanks ddr!! Have you had a look at Baileys single shot falling block rifles by any chance, what are your thoughts on those?

Thanks for the feedback Tim, those Noslers sound like they are doing a great job. Impressive penetration!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matabele,
Big Grin Big Grin i have shot several of the single shot's and i have seen most of them he during the building stage before i moved to africa. i the singles are just as good as the doubles machine work is excellent fit and finish is world class. his standard rifle comes with 40% engraving there beautiful. bailey is anal retentive about the springs and finish on the inside and out side of all his rifles. i actually shot one of his singles while it was still in the white at his range and hit a steel pig silhouette at 230 yrd and the rifle did not even have sights on it yet Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin i'm not saying it was skill but dam it felt good rotflmo rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:

Posts: 3346 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda depending on day of the week

Have a look at his location, looks to me like someone one step ahead of law enforcement agencies. He is lucky that they are quite slow in these parts. dancing Big Grin

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, he's a living re-enactment of the movie Blood Diamonds!!! :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
now biebs we both now i don't deal in diamond there a scamm they should sell for the some price of gravel. rare may ass almost every country in the world produces them

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I would love to see some photos of the mini dounles by BB. I still remeber that build of the Damasca double! What a class rifle.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11249 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a little teaser. This is a 28ga shotgun, but is also going to end up with a set of .303 british barrels. It's my version of a droplock, and will serve as the action for all of my break action doubles up to 9.3X74r.

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely awesome, I've started saving!

one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
A double rifle in 303 British would be my dream rifle for poking around the ranch. I would probably give it a name and sleep with it.

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Bailey, would they have intecepting sears as standard or optional?

Looks awesome. BTW thanks for the pictures.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11249 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope Bailey remembers I have a $2000 piece of driftwood there going on a 28 gauge drop lock.
He needs to get cracking on the falling block doubles first.
I have my falling block need to shoot it more great rifle
Had to send it backk to have the scope mounts installed could not use the flip up peep site.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we made tooth picks out of that ugly piece of wood you wanted to use dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have a .303 double one day. I've seen a few Rigby and H&H doubles in .303 for sale here in Canada at around the $25k mark. The .303 may be having a slight resurgence with the addition of this chambering to the Ruger catalogue in the 1A model. It's nice to see someone still making doubles in this great cartridge.

It's not the caliber of the rifle that matters - It's the caliber of the man behind it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:

Posts: 3346 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda depending on day of the week

Have a look at his location, looks to me like someone one step ahead of law enforcement agencies. He is lucky that they are quite slow in these parts. dancing Big Grin

With only one foot he can only take one hop at a time-

popcorn

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cross you know better than that you know i have five feet!!!! it's just that 4 of them are artificial rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is another Hornet. The old Weaver scope was chosen as it fits the scale of the rifle.