Find
Notify
Tools

500NE snaps where to buy
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted
I am needing a set of 2 snap caps for my 500NE 3". Where do you guys suggest I get them?

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brain1:
I am needing a set of 2 snap caps for my 500NE 3". Where do you guys suggest I get them?

I bought mine from Midway Big Grin

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian

Galazans carries the fancy ones. Not sure if they have them listed online but they do carry them.

Last place I saw A-Zoom was Midway.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brain 1, remember the .470 NE caps are the same as .500 NE. You can even use the cartridge shaped A-Zoom .470 NE caps in the .500 NE.

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Midway doesn't list for the 500 that i can find on their website
, Graf & sons do but they only have 1 in stock. The Azoom part # is 11409.

Savannah Safaris Namibia
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Check with Graf and Sons. Packy

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Why not get them from your local gun shop? If they do not have them, they certainly can order them.......... Thats where I got mine Smiler

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trader Keith has them.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Midway has both the A-Zoom (part #618668) and the NECG (part #262630). Either of these will work in the .500 NE.

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NECG has them. 470-500 same caps.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
JBoutfishn
I like your advise, the only problem is that I own and operate the local gun shop.

Savannah Safaris Namibia
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
Brownells has them.

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 681 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kynamco in Suffolk England (www.kynochammunition.co.uk) make them in nickel plated with correct headstamp and can mail order them to you via credit card order, the cost for a pair is around £22 U.K pounds plus int'l shipping air mail which would add a few pounds only.

Posts: 343 | Location: York / U.K | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
chopperguy,
Can you get me the item # from Brownells as I can't find it.

Savannah Safaris Namibia
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian1,

I found you a really nice set here at my local gun shop...these are very high quality, Nickel plated and are a bit pricey, but they'll be the last set you'll ever need!

PM me if you want them and I'll get them to you,

Jeff

One of Us
Picture of Ammohouse
posted Hide Post
I just pop out primers on fired cases, fill with RTV, once cured just trim off the excess with a razor blade. Crip a bullet and you're set. I've made snap caps for all my guns this way and it has worked for years...yes, I'm cheap.

*we band of 45-70ers*

USAF AMMO Retired!

Posts: 246 | Location: from TEXAS, stationed in South Dakota | Registered: 02 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I cut down a couple cases that I had screwed up (Who'd have thought that a unversal de-capper was too short for a 475 3 1/4), filled them with silver solder, and stuck a couple of 410 bore mops into the molten solder. That and a little RTV and I got a couple snazzy snap caps that should also help keep the oil out of the action.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote