New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heym
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Let me first say, that I am new to this forum as well as the double rifle club. I recentley received my new Heym .450/.400 from Chris. The rifle is beautiful! You guys all know how nice Heym doubles are and this one is no exception! However, this post is not about the workmanship of the rifle or the beauty of the wood, but about Chris! My buying experience was exceptional, I was never pushed or forced one way or another. Chris' knowledge is overwhelming, so I have to admit at first when he spoke I only heard a foriegn language. Chris, not only knows his product inside and out, but I truly believe he knows almost everything about every double, including each ones history. If anyone is in the market for any double make sure you talk with Chris first! Chris is a great resource for this forum and we are very fortunate to have him post here!

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Yep, nice guy that "new_guy"

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPrice:
Chris, not only knows his product inside and out, but I truly believe he knows almost everything about every double, including each ones history. If anyone is in the market for any double make sure you talk with Chris first! Chris is a great resource for this forum and we are very fortunate to have him post here!

+1

You've been blessed by taking the right path the first time, a lot of us have gone down some more difficult paths before having an experience like you have had buying the right DR from the right individual. Congratulations, enjoy your new DR.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
A good man! I am proud to call him friend and glad to have shared several campfires with him.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Good man.....I have bought three Heym's in three years now from him.

Mac

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
I have to ditto what Rusty said about that young man!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
You could not have spoken to a better guy... More importantly, your experiences show his knowledge and you get it as it is...
I have had the pleasure of being in his company many times and a friend for sure...

By the way Jprice welcome to AR...
Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As we say in Texas, there's no flies on Chris.

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah...he's OK, but his wife is much nicer. Big Grin

Of course I have bought 2 rifles from him and he's sold 2 others for me......I give him 2 thumbs up.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i met chris while at a drss shoot at camp cooley hes defintly a cool guy and i would defintly do business with him with out hesitation

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Jason - Welcome to AR. I'm glad you're pleased with the process and rifle - now let's go shoot something with it. Thanks to all for the supportive comments.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here, here. I've dealt with Chris as well, or I should say I've had the pleasure of dealing with Chris. He was very patient and understanding when I had to cancel on an order due to contracting an illness. I owe him a thousand favors... a good guy all around. Wink

"Sometimes nothing can be a pretty cool hand."

470 Heym; 9.3x74r Chapuis, Heym 450/400 on it's way

Posts: 653 | Location: austin, texas | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
First, Mr Price, let me welcome you to AR, and the DRSS, and the wacky world of the double rifle. thumb

As far as Chris is concerned, you have to watch him like a hawk, or he will sell you something that is worth twice the price you pay! Big Grin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Geeze,
I hate kissing ass pissers ha ha ,but that Chris is a good guy !!

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forgive my intrusion to the praise, and I don't intent to hijack, but what is the cost of a new SXS double, such as the 88-B Professional Hunter?

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carolina Counsel:
Forgive my intrusion to the praise, and I don't intent to hijack, but what is the cost of a new SXS double, such as the 88-B Professional Hunter?

email Chris :
info@hyemusa.com

Last I recall, about $16,500, but with the currency fluctuating,I'd ask .

http://www.heymusa.com/88_B_PH.htm

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote