Notify
Tools

Heym Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
Chris:

That damn Ivan Carter video got me all fired up. Can you tell me what is the delivery time on a Heym PH?

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The shame of owning an S-2 is now starting to hit home. The first step is always admitting that you have a problem. You seem to be taking that first difficult step . . . .

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave is starting the 12-step program? :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, Mike...........
There is no shame in being a little different. As Dave posted previously, we are loud and proud.
Rick

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
The shame of owning an S-2 is now starting to hit home. The first step is always admitting that you have a problem. You seem to be taking that first difficult step . . . .

yuck

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bush:
Chris:

That damn Ivan Carter video got me all fired up. Can you tell me what is the delivery time on a Heym PH?

Hi, Dave. You're currently looking at @ 6-months +/- depending on caliber (some barrels are more likely to be in inventory than others.)

Feel free to call me with any questions.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

one of us
posted Hide Post
A 500 NE fired from a Heym is at least $5k more effective than the same round fired from a Blaser S2 or a Krieghoff.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
You drive a Yugo? A Yugo and a Ferrari will both get you from Point A to Point B effectively. Just say'in.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You damn guys are funny. What was the rumor the other day about you driving a Ford? My
Blaser was my first double rifle. It had been used moderately and I definitely got my money's worth out of it. Now that I have moved up into the better class of double, the Searcy, I still feel the same. Just me.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
A 500 NE fired from a Heym is at least $5k more effective than the same round fired from a Blaser S2 or a Krieghoff.
Peter.

yuck

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave

What calibre of Heym are you thinking about?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Probably another 470. I like my Blaser but at 11.5 pounds, it's a bit much for a carry gun.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
You damn guys are funny. What was the rumor the other day about you driving a Ford?

Shhhhh. My parents think I drive a Hyundai.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
You really are funny. Personally, whatever you shoot, should suit you. To hell with whatever anybody else thinks. I really like the Searcy better than the Blaser but the Blaser shoots so doggone well................ When I get it back from Butch, he says I will be happy with it. For the money I have in it, I''m Happy.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Since we are playing true confessions, not only did I once own an S-2, I currently own both an R8 and an R93. The R8 is a steel receiver in .500 Jeffery. The R93 has three barrels, .416 Rem, .375 H&H and 9.3x62. Both rifles will outshoot the shooter. I really toyed long and hard with taking the R93 in .375 H&H with me to Zim on Friday. In the end though I opted to take the .404 Jeffery that Duane Wiebe built me. Bottom line, regardless of that you think about the aesthetics or mechanics of the Blasers, they flat out shoot. There I said it, burn me as a heretic. I know this is going to cost me my DRSS card . . . damn.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
MJines

Do not be so quick to give up your DRSS membership card...

I to am a BIG fan of the Blaser R 93.
In less than 5 minutes you can change between calibres.

You can go from a rimfire, 17HMR, 22LR, 22Mag, to most everything from a 222 to a 416 Rem mag, including a 28ga Shotgun.

I have used the 22LR and the 28ga bbls to take a lot of game as well as many other rifle calibres, on my R93.

Very few rifles shoot as good as the Blaser R 93's.

NO OTHER rifle can do what a Blaser R 93 rifle can do.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
NO OTHER rifle can do what a Blaser R 93 rifle can do.

What, look that bad and shoot that good? Wink

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Biebs:
Is the 12-step program where one owns 12 double rifles? Or is working towards that goal?
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is step 4 of the program where one applologises to their friends for owning a DR with a beaver tail forend and rubber weather stripping between the tubes?

Doh! Shots fired

(I've manhandled them each year at SCI and will admit that I liked them.)

Posts: 156 | Location: Preferably in the woods with my Verney-Carron .450/400 NE double rifle | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Pago:

We started something. Other Blaser guys are starting to come out of the closet. I love it! Blaser owners.... Loud and proud!

tu2

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Biebs:
Is the 12-step program where one owns 12 double rifles? Or is working towards that goal?
Cal

Cal, that would be a beginner, I guess :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave,
You should change the topic header line to read "true confessions" it appears! That's what it's turning out to be.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, but he didn't inhale :-)

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
No Blaser skeletons here! coffee

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Peter.

animal

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Todd, Right. Sure you didn't. I am Not ashamed of owning a Blaser S2. 2 shots touching at 50 is not too shabby and it was my first entry in the dr market. Go ahead and pick on the big guy.