posted
Anyone have pics of this system?

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been trying to get pictures of it or the claw mount for about 6 weeks now and Dale can't seem to find them. I ordered the pivot but may upgrade to the claw for my Chapuis but photos of either seem to be non existent.

Can anyone help and post photos of both?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Been trying to get pictures of it or the claw mount for about 6 weeks now and Dale can't seem to find them. I ordered the pivot but may upgrade to the claw for my Chapuis but photos of either seem to be non existent.

Can anyone help and post photos of both?

Snowwolfe, I can't fin a picture of a swivel mount right now, but here is a claw mount.

http://www.hallowellco.com/claw_mounts.htm

and here is a fair picture of a swivel mount:

www.krieghoff.com

The opening page has a picture ao a double with a swivel mount installed in the quarter rib. then select hunting guns, sighting and optics. This is basicly the same unit that is used by Chapuis, and it is quality.

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac,
Thanks a bunch! One quick question concerning the pivot mount. does a scope normally attach to it using a pair of 1in rings?

Can any other Chapus UGEX owners add comments if they have the pivot mount?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the usual ... but the ring with the pivot is mounted on the objective of my 1.5-6x Schmidt & Bender.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Mac,
Thanks a bunch! One quick question concerning the pivot mount. does a scope normally attach to it using a pair of 1in rings?

Can any other Chapus UGEX owners add comments if they have the pivot mount?

On the Chapuis they are usually 1" or 30mm, which ever you want!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine looks good and most importantly, has returned to zero flawlessly and effortlessly.

DRSS
NRA Life Member
VDD-GNA

Posts: 326 | Location: Cheyenne area WY USA | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WY,
What scope are you using? I am considering adding a Leupold European (30mm) in 2x7.

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe,
In about a week or so you can come into town and look at my Chapuis with pivot mounts. Hopefully it'll be here then!!

( Hint Hint DLN! ) SmilerSmiler

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent to you Mike cheers

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
No Problem!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe,

A Swarovski 1.5 x 6 PH Illuminated. It has been an excellent scope.

DRSS
NRA Life Member
VDD-GNA

Posts: 326 | Location: Cheyenne area WY USA | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote