New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCI Dallas this weekend...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone from this site going to be at the Dallas SCI event this weekend?

The Westley Richards gentlemen have some paperwork for me, and I won't be able to attend.
I hope to find someone who'd consider playing messenger for me.

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tink....what do you need?...and are you talking about Kevin Kilday?

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not Kevin specifically, but Trigger.
He's bringing some documents for me from the UK.
It was a last minute - just as he wad ditching for the airport kind of deal.

If I don't find someone from here I'll likely just call SCI in Dallas and ask someone from the local organization if they can handle this for me.

Are you planning to attend this weekend's event?

Thanks for asking.

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
You will have better luck calling them if you try Dallas Safari Club and not SCI -- the Dallas group split off a number of years ago.

The website is www.biggame.org.

There is a thread in the African Hunting forum about a number of AR people who will be there if you do not find someone with this post.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a.tinkerer:
Not Kevin specifically, but Trigger.
He's bringing some documents for me from the UK.
It was a last minute - just as he wad ditching for the airport kind of deal.

If I don't find someone from here I'll likely just call SCI in Dallas and ask someone from the local organization if they can handle this for me.

Are you planning to attend this weekend's event?

Thanks for asking.

Cheers
Tinker

Tinker, are you talking about DSC,(Dallas Safari Club) or DSCI (Dallas Chapter of Safari Club International) ????????????

I think you are talking about DSC, if so, then the phone number is 972-980-9800 Website: www.biggame.org

There is a Dallas chapter of SCI, but it has nothing to do with DSC convention Jan 8-11 at market Hall, Dallas!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Much thanks!

I'm going from a quick conversation I had with them right before they took off for their trip to Dallas.
I'll double check with the US WR office and the Dallas club.

Cheers
Tinker

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Westley Richards has a booth this weekend at the Dallas Safari Club Convention. I was there Thursday.

I will be there Friday afternoon. call me at 281-773-7987 on my cell and I will see what I can track down.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great big thanks to you Rusty!

Have fun in Bradley and have a drink with MC for me.
Hopefully I'll have some good pig stories for y'all by the start of this coming week.

cheers
Tinker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish I was there. Has anyone seen any good deals on double rifles?

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone seen any good deals on double rifles?

animal

Sorry, but there isn't a "good deal" to be found anywhere near the shows. You can get a new Heym at an honest price, but for the older, vintage guns, so way....

(I spent the day looking around at the booths at DSC...)

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnDL:
I wish I was there. Has anyone seen any good deals on double rifles?

I had show specials of $1500. off any of the 4 Heym and 2 Krieghoff double rifles I have in stock. That brought the Heym Pro Hunter 88B .470NE down to $14,150.00. If you are a buyer, let's talk.

Posts: 72 | Location: Houston Texas USA | Registered: 24 March 2006Reply With Quote